Loewe

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Ian_Savage007, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Ian_Savage007

Ian_Savage007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any experience / views of the Loewe Planus widescreen TV (or the range in general)?

I'm looking for a new set at about a grand, and I'm a bit nervous about moving away from the main-stream Sony's and Panasonic's etc...

Any advice appreciated.

2. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Vitros, and it is the most beautiful TV (personal taste) and image I know... Plus it does everything, like PIP with two tunners, and component video connection, and it is upgradable, hardware and software, what else do you need ?

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,363
    The Planus has a curved screen, how much I have no Idea but is advertised as super-flat line not Real-flat as the Vitros or Aconda.
    As to how good are they, well I never hear anything real bad of the owners on this site. The only two little niggles are I cant get a 3:4 to fill the screen apart from the anamorphic mode, but it has a half way one between 3:4 and 9:16, 9:14 which hell of a lot of broadcast are in today. The other is I cannot get my set to switch over to sat automatically, when I switch the sat on (this could be me setting something wrong). Apart from that, I love mine (well like a lot, lot, lot) and can honestly say I've never seen a better picture, and with DVD, heaven.
    The Vitros and Aconda are the same apart from the case (this came out off Loewe) Vitros is cheaper.
    As above said the there is a lot of features and that is the tip of the iceberg.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades