1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Xemix 5106 DO Problems. Please Help.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nik, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Nik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all,

I've got a problem with my DVD player that I just bought about a month ago. It's a Loewe Xemix 5106 DO, and it's connected to my Loewe Concept Plus 84-100 TV through the Euro AV cord. Now the TV might seem a bit old to all you lot, but it's a great tv.

The problem is when I go to play a VCD on it it rolls the image over and over, kind of like how on the realy old tv's you had to adjust the Vertical Hold. When I play a normal DVD it's fine, but when I try to play a copy that my brother made me, it does the same thing, just rolls the image.

When I change the DVD to NTSC everything rolls, even the background image of LOEWE. I've even tried changing the TV to auto-BG (currently set on PAL-BG) and that stops the rolling, but makes the image black and white and streches the middle of the pic out further then the top and bottom. I don't know which is more annoying.

Does anybody know what is wrong, and how I could fix it? It's really getting to me.

Any help would be great.

Thanks All.