1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loewe xelos series - auto power off in radio mode

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sniick, Apr 21, 2005.

1. sniick

sniick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi;
    In the spirit of convergence I'd really like to hook the TV up to a pc to use the tv-speakers as sound output, which works nicely through the radio-function - where you also can power off the screen.

However, i'm not able to set any radio stations (probably as the (analogue) cable company doesn't carry radio signals), and the tv-set powers off after few minutes of playing.

does anyone know what can be done about this?
    :confused:

2. sniick

sniick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    works if you hook the sound in through the "sound in" hookups instead of the AV-audio ins.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    My Xelos 32" SL I just use radio mode - its got the D-TV tuner built in. In radio mode, I can either select one of the D-TV channels, or anything from the analogue of digital external sources. I am not sure if the radio mode is as a result of having a d-tv tuner.

After a pre determined time period, about 20 seconds, the display powers itself down, but the audio is still played. When you hit OK, the screen then turns itself back on so you can choose another radio station.

The only issue that I have is that after a few minutes, the display backlight powers itself back on again leaving a blank screen but a backlight glow.

-Ian