1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Xelos or Vitros

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by rwgdegraaf, Jan 15, 2003.

1. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello There,

I am thinking of buying a Loewe television and I like to know your opinions about the 28" Loewe Xelos 5270ZW or the Loewe Vitros 6370 ZW.

I want great and sharp picture quality and the sound is less important because I own a JVC Qp-112al homecinema set.

What are your opinions or do you think i am making the wrong choice and need i wait for the new jvc with dist or buy a panasonic or a philips p+ or maybe the sony fq?

Everyone tells me that the loewe's are the best compared to the standard brands i just mentioned do you agree?

I hope you can shine a light on this issue, I really want to buy this month?

Thanks allready

2. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    I'd go for a Vitros - I have a 1 1/2 year old Vitros and I love it - its a great TV. The Vitros has a flat tube - wheras I don't think the Xelos does ?

Mark.

3. Damo

Damo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree on the Vitros, hopefully getting one this month too. Cheapest I have found so far is Empire Direct(£799 + delivery) on internet and John Lewis in 'real' life(£849). JL give 5 year warranty too.

4. Isidro_Jose

Isidro_Jose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want hight quality forget other brands. I think Loewe is a very good decision.

5. Skyman

Skyman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering the same purchase, but there has been one confusing factor. JL (Cribbs Causeway) inform me, I think wrongly, that the current model number of the 28" Vitros is the 6270 whereas I believe it to be (and this post bears it out) the 6370. Grateful for anyone's confirmation.

In any event, I'd say go for the Vitros for the reasons stated in earlier posts.

SKYMAN

6. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Skyman,
    As you can see at the loewe.de website, the Vitros 6370ZW is a: Real Flat picture tube in 28" widescreen format for unsurpassed picture quality, Unique dynamic design, Futuristic precision metallic finishes!

So I don't think I understand youe issue, please explain?

I am living in holland so i do have to pay with Euro's so the price in pounds tells me nothing. I saw this telli on the web for 1550 Euro does that say something to you?

Do you know how the service from Loewe is and especially when purchasing from the net?

I think I will go for the Vitros!

7. Skyman

Skyman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for my confusing post. Yes, I have seen the German website.

My only point is that a UK retailer local to me seems to think that the 6270 is the current model which has superseded the 6370. I do not think this to be correct. I will be purchasing the 6370.

Sorry, no experience of net TV purchases.

SKYMAN.

8. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just went home from the local Loewe dealer. I think I was unlucky with the knowledge of the gut how helped me but I don't think I made up my mind jet.
    He told me that there is absolute no difference between the Vitros and the Xelos except the real flat tube and the looks???

He really confused me more, the xelos seems to have more glance than the vitros and I must say the looks of the xelos I like more but I thought the Vitros had newer equipment and should be better?

Could anyone help me because the price difference is 50 Euro and that's not much. My wife also likes the looks of the Xelos more but if the Vitros is really better I think I go for that one.

Help?????

9. Damo

Damo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Skyman

At JL in Oxford Street London, the description on the TV called it a 6270 but on the little ticket they give you to take to the cash till it says 6370. Anyone know the difference?

10. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Skyman,

I know the misunderstanding between the 6270 en the 6370 model.

The 6270 is also a new model but has only one tuner, so this model don't have full pip! The 6370 has two tuners and full pip.

I got an explanation from my local dealer!

Is there anything who knows more difference than just pip?

11. Skyman

Skyman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those that are interested, I have now been advised by JL that the main difference between these models is that 6270 is 50hz and the 6370 is 100hz. This accounts for the price difference i.e. £850 v £1,150.

SKYMAN

12. rwgdegraaf

rwgdegraaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Skyman

I just got the technical specs of both systems from my local Loewe dealer.
    For everyone who wants to know, the differences:

6270Z has Super PAL 100 and is missing:

Digital Kamfilter Plus
    Photo-CD-switch
    Full-PIP
    DIgital Transient Improvement
    Virtual Dolby surround
    Antenne (analog)
    Euro-kabeltuner
    Hyperband (8MHz-raster)
    Digital Link Plus
    Digital Link
    Videotimer

There both 100Hz.

What do you think is it too much for the price difference?

13. Skyman

Skyman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this. As ever, JL are not entirely up to speed.

Based on what you say, and given that the TV is to be secondary to my home cinema set-up, I shall go for the cheaper model (unless there are any persuasive answers to the contrary out there?)

I suppose we'll get there eventually!

SKYMAN