1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe - Whats the best for £1600?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PrinceOfEgypt, May 9, 2002.

1. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dear All,

After almost trying every manufacturer and being totally ripped off by them, in terms of the appaling sound, philips/panasonic tubes, i have decided to look at Loewe...
    Sound and Vision have agreed to refund me the money for my 9617 because of the many problems i have had with it.
    I should be getting the refund next week, i better be...
    Can anyone recommend Loewe? If so what model etc?

Many thanks in advance...

2. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    for £1600 you can get the acconda 9381 (2500 chassis) without the stand.
    the vitros should be cheaper.
    its a question of personal taste .
    i've also stayed away from the acconda living,it's just me.

3. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'd second that. Go for the Aconda 9381ZW (or Vitros if you like the design). Make sure you get the 2500 chassis. After numerous problems with Toshiba and other manufacturer's, I bought an Aconda and have never looked back. Best TV I've ever come across.

It still uses a Philips tube though :D

4. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the replies guys, do any of these tv's come with dolby digital, or DTS?

5. Nick23

Nick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just received the 9617 and I'm not very happy with it at all. It will definately be going back. What problems did you have?

On mine, the picture seems to be distorted near the left and right edges of the screen, and also there appear to be 2 faint black bars (NOT scrolling) at the edges of the screen which can be clearly seen while watching any channel.

6. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I had the same problems as you, but when watching cable the picture slants, and on dvd the picture is distorted on the top right...
    I also had problems with the wireless speakers, a lot of interference no matter what channel i put them on...
    The picture also bowed, also on a few occasions the speakers made a loud booming noise, this swamped all the dialogue, i had to turn off, turned on again and it was still there, then i had to turn off for a while for it to sort the problem, this happened twice, ever since then i havent turned it on, just waiting for sound and vision to pick it up...

7. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No, but you can get a version of the Aconda with Dolby Digital. I think it's the Aconda Select or 9372/9381ZW but it's a hell of a lot more expensive. I'm not even sure it comes with the necessary speakers. I think you have to buy them seperate and they are not cheap either. You can upgrade any of the Loewe's to Dolby Digital at any time as it just involves fitting the necessary board to the back of the TV. However, for the same price, you'd get a nice amp, some speakers and much better sound. :)