1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Vitros

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Damo, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Damo

Damo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been mulling over the Loewe Vitros 28'' and have decided to press the button after Christmas(scuse the pun etc etc) Having had a good trawl through the forums I'm concerned about where I actually buy the thing. Any feedback-good and bad- from people who have bought on-line or in a shop will be gratefully received, Also which shops will price match internet prices? There seem to be some good deals on line - £750-799 ish. John Lewis does it for about £850 so £100 could be saved but is it worth the hassle of an online retailer?

2. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are the lowes better than the sony's then?

3. Isidro_Jose

Isidro_Jose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that Sony as They sell a lot of don't bother to much about control quality, so if you are lucky you get a good set if no your problems starts.....

I have my sony 36" packed again in my dinning room for retorning it, and I am considerating now a Loewe 32" I think this brand has much more quality than sony, the problem is that they don't make 36" sets.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    When I was getting my new set it was between a 36” Sony or a 32” Loewe I went for the Loewe.
    I think they do do a 36” set now, but I think the screen is slightly curves I will dig my Loewe book out and check for you.

5. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's a 40" Loewe Aconda Garrett :eek:. An absolutely huge beast. I saw one a shop and it was taking up half the floor space :D. You're right about the curved screen though. I have no idea how you would ever get the thing in to your house as it sticks out a mile.

As for the original poster's question - I would say go for the Loewe but then like Garrett, I own an Aconda so perhaps we are biased ;). Objectively speaking, Loewe are leagues ahead.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    Can’t find a 36” but there is a 40” opps groundy beat me to it. It is described as Super Flat as apposed to the 32" Aconda and 32” and 28” Vitros Real Flat