Loewe Vitros

vk2003

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the difference is between the Loewe Vitros 6381ZW and 6381ZP versions? Is it just colour or is it more than skin deep?

My old Tosh TV is dying. The screen has lost about the bottom 3 inches of image (well remaining image is compressed anyway), and have started to periodically lose 2-3 lines at the top :(

So I am in the market for a new screen. I would like to buy a LCD or plasma, but reckon on a CRT for the moment (space is not an issue)) as it will take a little while for HDTV screens (with HDMI) to filter into the affordable market
(feel free to jump in if I am really wrong)

The Loewe looks great, but if there are any other screens out there which you experienced folks can suggest then I would be grateful for the input.

Would like surround. Don't have high end components (one day *dream*) but would like to start buying speakers and amps over the next year or so...

What do you reckon?

Anyone?

vk2003 said:
Anyone know what the difference is between the Loewe Vitros 6381ZW and 6381ZP versions? Is it just colour or is it more than skin deep?

My old Tosh TV is dying. The screen has lost about the bottom 3 inches of image (well remaining image is compressed anyway), and have started to periodically lose 2-3 lines at the top :(

So I am in the market for a new screen. I would like to buy a LCD or plasma, but reckon on a CRT for the moment (space is not an issue)) as it will take a little while for HDTV screens (with HDMI) to filter into the affordable market
(feel free to jump in if I am really wrong)

The Loewe looks great, but if there are any other screens out there which you experienced folks can suggest then I would be grateful for the input.

Would like surround. Don't have high end components (one day *dream*) but would like to start buying speakers and amps over the next year or so...

What do you reckon?

Vitros 6381ZW - Widescreen :clap:

and 6381ZP - 4:3 (bog standard) :nono:

They both have the same styling though. :hiya:

Irefan.

vallii said:
Vitros 6381ZW - Widescreen :clap:

and 6381ZP - 4:3 (bog standard) :nono:

They both have the same styling though. :hiya:

Irefan.

Get the Aconda 9381ZW - same tube and everything different styling, theres one with integrated digital tuner (chassis Q2550) if you can get it. With the VGA upgrade you can do progressive :

640x480
720x480
848x480 (ntsc widescreen)

1024x576 (pal widescreen)
and other resolutions.

irefan.

Hi, I assume from what you've written you're on a strict budget ? - you'd like to get the latest set up but are wary of buying a little too soon and maybe get something that isn't forward compatible or not HDMI compatible. Why not consider getting your present tv fixed to tide you over for a year or so? things will move very quickly in the next year or so with regards to crt and LCD/plasma development. Just sounds like a capacitor or two needs changing to me (easy to say if you fix tellys for a living) but perhaps worth getting an estimate ? Regards, yt.

Get the Aconda 9381ZW - same tube and everything different styling, theres one with integrated digital tuner (chassis Q2550) if you can get it. With the VGA upgrade you can do progressive
I'm fairly sure you can fit the VGA input to a Vitros. In fact, I'm having some difficulty working out what the difference is between the 2500M and 2550 chassis....

Yes, the VGA upgrade will go in a Vitros. So will the Digital Terrestrial kit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom