1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Vitros Teletext Prob ...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by philgibson, Mar 4, 2002.

1. philgibson

philgibson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Just took delivery of a new Vitros last Weds, and everything seemed to be working fine (v.impressed with the RGB picture through DVD2800!). But, has anyone come across this problem before? ...

On Saturday, I tried to access Teletext and the screen went blank, and the set turned itself off after about 5-10 secs, as if it thought there was no signal going to it. When trying it again, i found that if you press the teletext button again after the screen goes blank (to cancel the teletext command) then the set switches back to the normal picture, but none of the onscreen menus will come up. E.g. anything like the menus, info or volume buttons which normally bring up an onscreen display simply results in black lines across the picture where the menu should be. All these other onscreen displays come up fine before the accessing teletext has been attempted.
    Sounds like a dodgy software problem to me, and shows that something's going wrong in the set rather than a problem with the signal coming in. Funny thing is that i had tried the teletext on ~Thursday and it had come up ok.

It's most annoying cos the picture is excellent and i rarely use teletext anyway, but know i should insist on having it sorted after paying so much.

Any ideas? I'm waiting to hear from the shop and Loewe today, but I'll be looking for a replacement if it's not an known / easy problem to solve.

pg.
    :mad:

2. mikenruth

mikenruth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't help directly on this one, but I do know of an identical problem with an early Aconda. I thought it had been sorted but clearly not. It is fixable by going into the service menu and doingsomething. Try contacting Loewe and asking to speak to the service/technical support dept. If you get no luck, I'll speak to them and find out what to do.

P.S Your dealer should know about this.

3. philgibson

philgibson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mikenruth,

loewe should be getting back to me through the dealer today ... something about going through logged calls to check for similar problems (?) The dealer had never come across the problem but seemed to think the Loewe tech guys would be able to sort it out.
    Like I said .. the tv/dvd picture is perfect so it's not that much of a problem. just one of those things that i won't be 100% happy until it's sorted.

thanks again for your advice.. will keep you posted if and when I get a solution.

pg.