Loewe Vitros RGB from ntl-di4001N

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by zoolap, Nov 6, 2001.

1. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a Loewe Vitros. Connected to AV1 scart is Video (composite via scart), AV2 is NTL DIgital box (di4001N via scart), haven't got software version number to hand, but can find out later and AV3 has DVD player (scan 2000 via scart).

AV3 is set to RGB for DVD, no problems. If I enable RGB on NTL box then I cannot switch to analogue channels as they all show picture from digital box rolling across the screen. This is only a problem while the box is on (i.e. not on standby). Also if I enable video switching while the ntl box is on all analogue channels show what is on ntl box.

With RGB enable on DVD, I have no such problems. At present I'm stuck with composite even though this nice tv is supposed to have rgb on av2.

Advice would be most appreciated.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't got a loewe tv, but I do have an NTl digital box. I found that when it was connected via RGB to my sony via scart, it keeps jumping to the NTL scart by continuously sending its signal.

No other box does this, ie DVD, TIVO, PS2 etc.

Only NTL box, didn't resolve the problem until I plugged the NTL box through the TIVO.

Sorry, I'm not being much help, except for having a similar problem.

Good luck

Gary

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see you link your VCR directly to the TV.
    Why not connect the NTL box to AV1 and loop the VCR through it using the VCR Scart.That is how my NTL box is connected and it is set to RGB with no problems since the upgrade to 5.2 - subsequently 5.26.
    My TV is a Panasonic TX28 linked to a Di4001i NTL box which permits analogue passthru.
    I have a second NTL box connected the same way to a Philips 4:3 TV again no RGB problems.However this one is a Di4001NC which does not have analogue passthru.- you need to do some fiddling to get the analogue signal into the TV.

4. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Have to add major thing I missed. I have cable going from AV in/out of video to tv av1, Video's AV in (2nd SCART) has input from cable box. Could macrovision somehow be coming into play here.
    Also 0 is discrete button on video remote for AV in. To get to AV in/out, you have to +/- your way to it.

Also, maybe I've made some false assumptions here, but as far as I know it's meant to be better the less things you have between two devices, (i.e. avoid passthrough from video via ntl and into tv). Also, if I plug video straight into AV1 I can got directly to that AV input on remote (especially useful as I've got channel number stored on pronto).

Only AV2 and AV3 are RGB on the Vitros, so setting NTL box to RGB and connecting to AV1 ain't gonna help. I realise why Keith was saying this as most tvs have RGB on AV1, but Loewe is different ;)

I also figured NTL only gave video switch signal on switching on (i.e coming out of standby). Annoying if it gives continuous signal.

Quite annoying in any case. Please let me know if any news.