1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Vitros/Mimo VGA resolution?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Utrak, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Utrak

Utrak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having trouble finding out which resolutions a Loewe Vitros or Mimo (both 32") can display, if you connect it to a PC via the optional VGA adapter and use the tv as a PC monitor.
    I have contacted Loewe, and they say the maximum resolution with the VGA adapter is 640X480 60Hz progressive. Hmm.
    So does this mean that this is just the resolution of the image on the tv screen, or is this also the limit of the resolution you can set in Windows and in games? For example, can you set the resolution to 1600X1200 in Windows, and then the high resolution graphics get "downsampled" to 640X480 on the tv screen, if you understand what I mean?
    Or is 640X480 indeed the highest resolution you can set the resolution slider to in Windows, when using the tv as monitor via the VGA adapter?

Also, same question about the 60Hz-- for example, if attempting to output a 85Hz VGA signal to the tv, will it cause a problem because the tv's max is 60Hz, or not?

2. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  3. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    peter martin will know i went for a demo about a month ago and saw the mimo 32 hooked up to a laptop it was very clear but the guy didnt have time to try higher resolutions but im sure if you ring them they will tell you.in fact ill ring them tommorow because i think ill get the mimo simply because loewe dont have as many problems as toshiba panasonic e.t.c and there quility control is better plus i can connect my comp to the vga and get progressive scan and last of all its only costing me about £1100.powerstrip will allow you to change the resolution aswell

4. Utrak

Utrak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reference, very useful!
    I do use my PC for DVD viewing, but I have an Xcard, so I wouldn't need the Loewe VGA adapter for DVD viewing, and I guess the compatible resolutions aren't that great for stuff like gaming. Thanks for the help!