1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Vitros and firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'TVs' started by zoolap, Aug 1, 2002.

1. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Are there any firmware upgrades available for the Loewe Vitros - i'm hoping/wishing there might be one that gives you discrete remote codes for av inputs on uk models.

2. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    First off - check which software and chassis you have (I think this is done by using the help button on the remote and then choosing technical spec).

If you've got a Q2500 chassis then the s/ware will probably be as up to date as it's going to get for a while. Q2400 software varies from at least 1.2 (my system) to around 6.1 I think. I think that later revisions might help with discrete AV codes.

The software on the set can be updated (I am currently aranging to have my Aconda s/ware updated to try to fix an NTSC display problem) - but i'm not sure on the costs/availability, if you use the UK contact email on the Loewe site then i'm sure they'll help you

Phil

3. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Badger,

That NTSC display problem wouldn't be moire effects at the side of the screen?

I have this problem and I am waiting for someone to come from the shop I purchased it from to have a look. If a firmware upgrage would help (I have a q2400 chassis) then I could mention it to them.

Cheers

4. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In fact I just checked our previous posts. I think you have a similar problem to mine. How does the firmware update help?

Cheers

5. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just re-read your comments - my problem isn't Moire as it's too regular (compared to your description) IMHO.

I mailed Loewe direct (Linn actually) and the guy there says a s/ware upgrade will help me so that's all i'm going on.

Phil

6. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. PMing you now.