1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Vitros 6381 zw to be discontinued?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Mick da Miller, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is what I have been informed of now at 2 John Lewis stores. Surely Loewe would have something up on their site if this was the case?

Any help greatly apprecited.

Thanks

2. Brian Hazeland

Brian Hazeland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I Bought mine from HOF last Monday, when they looked on their central computer it was no longer listed but they found one in their local store so you could be right.

Strange though as I also e-mailed Loewe UK to enquire which tube was used and the reply did not mention any shortages.

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your email to the Loewe Helpline as follows:

The Aconda 9281ZW's we have in stock have Toshiba tubes, the Vitros 6381 all have Phillips tubes.

I trust this is the information you require.

Please feel free to contact me at Loewe Customer Services if I can offer any further assistance.

Kind regards
    John Chavner.
    Loewe Customer Service.

3. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info mate. Could you also tell me how much you paid, what colour you went for (I'm considering the basalt) and I'd also like to know why the make of tube is so important (i'm new to this stuff).

4. Brian Hazeland

Brian Hazeland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Platinum £1400 including 5 year warranty and free delivery the Basalt was another £100 which was due to the fact they were giving £100 pound discount on the Platinum only. If I wanted the Basalt I would probably have gone to
    [url]http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/tvandvideodirect_home/[/URL]

As for the Phillips Tube not to sure how much of a difference there is but reading other messages on this forum related to differences in Acconda models 9281 and 9381 most people seem to rate the phillips tube as being the best. So sheep like I followed (Hopefully as I am not getting it delivered until half term)

5. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thnaks again mate - I am probably gonna buy from tv and video direct as they were very helpful when I called. Regarding the colour - I have never seen the basalt in the flesh but if it's anything like the high gloss black on the Aconda then I want it!

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Vitros Basalt is matt black - not gloss, but it still looks beautiful ;).

7. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - why is it described as 'Basalt High Gloss' on the loewe website though?

8. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You're quite right - it is described as High Gloss Basalt on the Loewe website :confused:. Perhaps they have changed the finish but last year when the Basalt finish first came out, it was just described as "Basalt" - it most definately was not High Gloss. Still looked great though :).

9. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanto to see it once in the flesh before I buy that colour. I love the TV itself though!

10. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oooh - one other thing. the guy i spoke to @ tv and video direct said that teh tubes are now made by philips and LG. Does this sound right?

11. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Only Loewe can confirm on the tubes. They used to use Philips and Toshiba in the Aconda 9281ZW. Having had problems with Tosh TV's in the past, I went for the 9381ZW Aconda to be 100% sure of securing a Philips tube. Can't say I'd be too enamoured of getting a Lucky Goldstar Tube but what you don't know won't hurt you ;) :).