Loewe VGA Input - Widescreen Resolutions?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Darkl0rd1, May 7, 2003.

1. Darkl0rd1

Darkl0rd1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently had a VGA card installed in my Q2500/H Aconda, and so far haven’t had a chance to mess around with many different display modes.

I'll be using my PC mainly for displaying digital photos and basic internet usage, but I’d also like to experiment with progressive DVD given the superb picture quality progressive VGA provides.

I'm disappointed that the only modes I can get the TV to sync to so far are 4x3 modes that are then stretched to fill the 16x9 display. What I’d like to do is find some widescreen resolutions that work so I can fill the screen while maintaining correct proportions.

Does anyone know any widescreen aspect ratios that work? I haven’t had any luck with [email protected] or [email protected]

Any suggestions with using VGA input in general would be most appreciated.

2. Gerbil

Gerbil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Have a look here . With a copy of Powerstrip [email protected] is within your grasp.

If you're playing back PAL discs you might be better off experimenting with [email protected] which is what I run mine at.

3. Darkl0rd1

Darkl0rd1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info gerbil. That thread is an interesting read.

A question for you: You mention using zoomplayer to compensate for the weird aspect ratio (by unticking keep aspect ratio) which I do with WINDVD and it works fine. However what I'm really after is a way to fix the aspect ratio for the entire Windows desktop. The reason being I’d like to correct it to be able to view photos and other media on the PC while maintaining their correct aspect ratios. Photos you've put a lot of time and care into framing lose their impact when they are stretched across the screen! Do you know of any way to compensate for the way the TV stretches a 4x3 image?

Thanks again for your help.