Loewe VGA card question

Badger

Standard Member
Reaction score
Now that i've decorated the front room, and have a laptop coming I can look into using my VGA card a bit more

I've got the Dreamcast running fine through a VGA box apart from one thing - no audio - is there any easy way to pipe sound in along with the picture other than using an external amp ?

Phil

You bet there is....on the back I think its next to the VGA there is Audio in (3.5 socket input)...sometimes its easy to miss as its pretty hidden

I too use this method for my xbox via VGA for picture and then use 3.5 jack > 2 phono adaptor for sound.

Hope this helps....

Jack

Badger,

I would be very interested to know what resolution you can have your Dreamcast upto with your Loewe ?

Highest I can go on xbox (US) is 480p, this all depends on the games I know, but trying out a couple I have in 720p I've got no chance. My Loewe will not sync in with that res..........:nono:

Still, 480p is very clear and even more so via VGA....;)

Hi Jack

Hi Jack - I tried the jack above the VGA socket - which is actually RC5 - but checking the manual shows me the one I should use - d'oh :)

The card in a Q2400 set like mine will sync to 640x480 60Hz and some WQS variants (848x480 60Hz) - the Q2500 sets will also do 640x576 at 50Hz for PAL but I don't think you can get any higher

Phil

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom