1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe VGA card question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Badger, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Now that i've decorated the front room, and have a laptop coming I can look into using my VGA card a bit more

I've got the Dreamcast running fine through a VGA box apart from one thing - no audio - is there any easy way to pipe sound in along with the picture other than using an external amp ?

Phil

2. Jack Bowyer

Jack Bowyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You bet there is....on the back I think its next to the VGA there is Audio in (3.5 socket input)...sometimes its easy to miss as its pretty hidden

I too use this method for my xbox via VGA for picture and then use 3.5 jack > 2 phono adaptor for sound.

Hope this helps....

Jack

3. Jack Bowyer

Jack Bowyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Badger,

I would be very interested to know what resolution you can have your Dreamcast upto with your Loewe ?

Highest I can go on xbox (US) is 480p, this all depends on the games I know, but trying out a couple I have in 720p I've got no chance. My Loewe will not sync in with that res..........:nono:

Still, 480p is very clear and even more so via VGA....;)

4. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Jack

Hi Jack - I tried the jack above the VGA socket - which is actually RC5 - but checking the manual shows me the one I should use - d'oh :)

The card in a Q2400 set like mine will sync to 640x480 60Hz and some WQS variants (848x480 60Hz) - the Q2500 sets will also do 640x576 at 50Hz for PAL but I don't think you can get any higher

Phil