Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Loewe / VCR Picture Problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by sclozza, Apr 13, 2004.

1. sclozza

sclozza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a problem with my VCR (A Loewe 8106H). And its output.

After looking through the manual I saw it had an extra SCART port (AV2) for use of a 'PayTV or satellite decoder box'. Well curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to hook up the digital TV STB to it.

It didn't work all too well (Only audio, no video, I toggled the Decoder and Decoder at AV2 options in the video, and set it up in the menu on the TV to how it looked). I then went to hook everything back up to the way it was before, so it now looked like
    AV1 - Video
    AV2 - STB
    AV3 - DVD

With the aerial cables left intact (I did not touch them)

The STB and DVD both spit out their images just fine, the problem is the VCR, it only spits out the sound, not the image.

I had this problem with the STB initially, a simple power off / flick the switch off and on, fire it all up and the STB was working just fine.

But I still only get audio, from the VCR, no image.

All I can think of now is to remove the VCR from the 'Connections' menu, turn everything off, unplug it, turn on TV/STB/DVD and test. Then power off, connect the VCR, 'log' it in again.

Any other help or suggestions for this relative thickhead when it comes to this stuff?

Also, any idea what I did wrong with the connection of the STB to AV2 on the VCR?

Thank you.