1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe TV's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by helicon2, Sep 5, 2003.

1. helicon2

helicon2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have started my hunt for a new TV and have been considering buying a Loewe TV in particular. I have visited their website, looked through their range and found myself overwhelmed by the amount of styles and models. Can anybody help me decide what range/model I should be looking at?

At the moment I have a Panasonic TX-29AD2, which is now around 6 years old. My recent purchases mean that for sound I use the Pioneer VSX-2011D Recevier plus Acoustic Energy Evo 3B speaker package. I have a Pioneer DV-656A DVD player, Panasonic HD-610 VCR and Panasonic Sky Digibox. I am also a keen gamer and have a Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.

This means that I really only use the TV as a monitor so I am looking for the best picture possible with a lot of connectivity (My Gamecube is a US model as well). My room is 17' x 13.7' and was thinking about a 32" widescreen. I have considered the Panasonic and Toshiba 36"ers that have been mentioned on these pages but feel that will all the trouble people have had that I would like to go for a "better quality" Loewe 32" instead.

My budget would be around £1500. Any help/information would be most appreciated. Thanks.

2. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    I'd go for the Aconda which is 1,580 at Empiredirect.co.uk (see if you can get somewhere else to price-match this)

I bought a Vitros last year and haven't looked back. I went to Loewe after having 5 Panasonics replaced - and the Loewe is a class above.

One thing though - although the Loewe supports Component on AV-3 via the Scart - I actually found with the same player you have (Pioneer 656) that the RGB was better. Component was washed out in PAL - don't know if it was the DVD-player, the TV - or just a combination of the two.

Mark.

3. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have the Loewe Aconda 9281 which can be bought at Empire for about £1300.
    I use it as a monitor mainly as sound is routed to my amp.

It has outstanding picture quality and the auto aspect switching is superb. The DC and Xbox look great through this set, but the PS2's dire output just looks pretty good.

DVD's look amazing, the clarity is incredible, better than watching DVD's on my PC's LCD monitor.

The only niggle is that the my Xbox lightgun isn't compatible with this TV.

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1