1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Tv's

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Rookies, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    I am asking on behalf of a friend who does not have internet access and is about had enough with all problems he had with Sony TV's 3 different modles.

he is seriously thinking about a Loewe but not sure which. He want to know which got at least 3 scart socket or maybe 4 but not too bothered as long as 2 of them have RGB.

He wants to know have there been many problems with loewe tvs.

Hope some of you guys be able to help me to help him out

Cheers

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    None of the Loewe range have 4 Scart Sockets as far as I know. However all the 28" and 32" models have 3 Scart Sockets. Accepted input signals are as follows:

3 S-VHS / Hi8 capable | 2 RGB capable | 1 Component Video input capable.

Models to look out for:

Q2500H Chassis Latest chassis with the most features.

Articos (Latest Loewe 32" model)

Aconda 9381ZW (High Gloss finish)
    Aconda 9281ZW (Matt finish "Living" models - slightly cheaper)

Q2500M Chassis Lacks one or two features of the Q2500H

Vitros 6381ZW (Great design)

Aventos 3981ZW (New Budget Model)

Planus 4781ZW (Not Flat-Screen but fantastic image)

Xelos 5381ZW

Relatively few in comparison to other manufacturers. If you do a search on previous posts you will find this to be the case :).

3. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Hi, I have recently purchased the Loewe Aventos 3981ZW for £950 excluding the stand, it is easily the best 32 inch TV I have ever had (I can finally just enjoy watching my TV).

It has 3 Scart Sockets. 3 S-VHS / Hi8 capable / 2 RGB capable / 1 Component Video input capable, and side inputs. It also comes with a 2 Year warranty.

I have previously had a Sony FQ75 with the scrolling black bar problem that could not be corrected, a Sony DX100 with diabolical geometry that could not be corrected, and a Philips 9527 that had vertical black bars with the dirtiest 100hz processing I have ever seen, and pixel plus which has to be the biggest waste of time ever.
    I am a realist and know that you cannot get a perfect TV, but all of the above TV’s (excluding the Loewe) suffered problems that are too distracting to ignore, and in my opinion should never have left the factory displaying the faults they did.

Also beware of glowing magazine reviews and best buy awards, both of the Sony’s and the Philips were very highly praised by all the magazines, yet all of them failed miserably for me.

Good luck
    mij

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have a Loewe Aconda 9381ZW with the older Q2400 chassis, a few years old now, it's still fantastic :)

5. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I got my Aconda Living in Stratos Silver on Monday and I have to say that it is easily the best TV I have ever owned.
    The picture is incredible, the build quality superb and the GUI first rate.
    I actually feel a bit of an idiot for NOT buying a TV set of this quality last time I bought a TV.
    My outgoing Sony set looks as if the screen is coated with Vaseline compared to the pin sharp picture on the Loewe set.

6. abc

abc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Aconda is a great TV. But unfortunately I've had three Acondas with very minor quality control issues and my retailer may be unwilling to supply a fourth Aconda. I'm not sure what to do? Get a different TV? :mad:

7. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    What modle number is this one please? I have been trying to find out what stands look like for some of these tvs.

8. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Aconda Living range have the 9281ZW model number and come in a few different matt painted finishes.

The Aconda stand for this model is a one piece curved glass design that looks very striking but in reality is not too practical. It only comes with one glass shelf so can only hold one piece of equipment. You can purchase an additional shelf but even then, it will only hold two pieces of equipment. The Stand retails for around £300 - £350. You can purchase a range of stands for the Aconda and see some pictures here:

http://www.tvandvideodirect.com.

Direct link here:

http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/tvandvideodirect_home/viewproduct.asp?id=292

9. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    URL Wont work.

I assume most of the loewe are sold without stand then?

10. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Fixed the links :).

Yes that is correct - the pricing you see in most stores is for the TV only. Any Loewe dealer can provide you with the Stand as well though.

11. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Jesus christ. Look at price for a stand. :clown:

Hmmm

12. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :laugh:

It's actually quite a nice piece of engineering though.

I personally went for a Sound Organisation Z530:

http://www.soundorganisation.net

Better value at £200 and much more flexibilty.

13. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    So which Loewe you got then? Have you got a picture of yours on the stand you have. As I have looked at the stand on that site and it seem quite nice. My mate is coming round later to read up on this thread.

14. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an Aconda 9381ZW in Light Stratos Metallic. This is a high gloss silvery champagne colour with black speaker grill. I don't have a picture of it on the Z530 but it does look well.

15. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Thanks for your help mate, I assume your happy with your tv and the look and performance of it?

16. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am very happy with the TV - I would say that the Loewe range are among the best direct view CRT's money can buy.

17. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    OK. My friend is here now and he has read through this Topic. He is very tempted to try one.

Groundy How much did you pay for yours and where from if you not mind us asking.

cheers

18. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought mine locally (independant store) and paid a premium in doing so, i.e., very close to RRP. You can get them a few hundred pounds cheaper online or via John Lewis price matches etc. One or two people have recently purchased Loewe Vitros televisions from the link I gave earlier (TV & Video Direct) without any problems. Empire Direct also sells Loewe televsions.

Big chains such as Sevenoaks, John Lewis, House Of Fraser, Debhenams stock Loewe.

19. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can recommend TV and Video direct. I received my Loewe Vitros from them in 5 days, despite it not being in stock at the time of ordering. It was delivered with no hassle, they even called 30 mins before they showed up so i didn't need time off work. Overall very good service, and the cheapest i've been able to find anywhere.

Jag

20. L.A

L.A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spent over 12 months deciding what TV to buy. I researched using this forum, and most importantly my own eyes and ears. I saw many contenders, in many different situations.
    I purchased 'The Loewe Articos' without being able to see it in all of it's glory. WOW! It has a depth and picture quality to it which is amazing, in my opinion it has set a new standard, the chasing pack is now lagging behind. Really behind! A small pixel on the horizon!
    I would like to thank those of you on this forum who have posted positive remarks about this truly wonderful TV. Without you I would not of took the plunge. Yes the price is quite a jump from the main pack. However the results for DVD, DVB and simply VHS is worth every single penny.
    There is always the odd problem, but I can truly state any that you may find pales in comparision to the overall capability of this masterpiece from Loewe.
    In answer to your question Rookies buy one you will be the envy of your town and best mates with your credit card company.

21. Lesmond

Lesmond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a Vitros 32". Soooo much better than the Sony FX66 and the rest of their range.

Very happy with it - and I'm a fussy git! :D