1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe & tvandvideodirect

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hannanp, Oct 27, 2003.

1. hannanp

hannanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got any experience of buying Loewe tvs from tvandvideodirect?

Thanks

2. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    yep. Bought an Aventos a few months back. all can say is quality set. Much better than the sony it replaced.

No problems either with tvandvideodirect.

Would recommend both

Cheers

Ste

3. lewden

lewden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ste

Whats your experience of connecting a DVD to the Aventos. I have the SD330 that manages component as well as RGB but I'm heard that I should stick with the RGB. If so can you recommend any decent RGB scart leads?

Thanks

4. Jim100

Jim100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Took delivery of an Aventos 3981 from TVAND VIDEODIRECT yesterday (Looks great). Staff very friendly and efficient. Especially as TV delieverd with no UK instructions. TVAND... were straight on the phone to LOEWE in germany who have put said docs in the post to me. My only gripe - the website implies they use their own dedicated delivery team - in fact my TV arrived on a pallet in a huge lorry and technically the haulier is not supposed to do anything other than drop the Pallet on the kerb at your property. Luckily friendly driver helped me lug it into the front room.

5. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Jim,

How are you getting on with the Aventos??

Any probs, or is it all tickety boo?

6. Jim100

Jim100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    scrapbook

So far so good - spent many months reviewing this site trying to decide what to buy and this set came out with a reasonable collection of reviews also the clean lines and relatively neat footprint of this set passed passed the household aesthetics test (if you know what I mean). So far limited my time to playing with contrast /c olour / brightness but very pleased overall.

Got to go and buy some SCART leads now for the digi box and video - my old TV was so old I had no requirement for such things.

Jim

7. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Jim,

How are things after a week or so...still thumbs up?

I would be very interested in an update!

8. Jim100

Jim100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    scrapbook,

Business took me out of the country last week so still limited viewing; however I'm very impressed with studio/film/cartoon quality and close up (ish) sports coverage very good (Rally GB and Rugby both viewed via terrestial signal yesterday was very impressive and better than I really expected). The poor quality of some outside broadcasts such as some of the US sports coverage is really emphasised by all this digital processing which is unfortunate. I have also noticed what I understand is called digital shimmering on long shots - e.g. where the camera was mounted high above the Rubgby stadium. Overall still pleased. I can't comment on DVD performance as I don't own one yet.

9. Nana

Nana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone have any problems with these guys?

I'm thinking of going for the Aventos 3907 (28"), and don't want the stand.

These are the cheapest by miles, but I'm put off by their returns policy, you can only return the goods if their unsatisfactory and the box they came in is unopened.!

Don't know how anyone can find something unsatisfactory without getting it out of the box myself.:confused:

10. prycop

prycop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aventos arrived today from TV and Video Direct.

Great set no problem with it.

Slight problem with delivery you may wish to note -

I live at an address with 4 lines:

House Name
    Village
    Town
    County

I assume that their label printing can cope with 3 only.

A pallet due for me was returned to the depot because the label only had my name and village on it no house name. The driver couldn't deliver it - and only half the poscode was on the label.

I drove 20 miles to pick it up myself.

I suppose that if you have a house number and live in the postal town you're ok.

TV a Video Direct apparently do their own deliveries to, but it had to be today for me so they sent it by courier instead.