1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loewe tv "buzzing"

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by typRat, Jul 18, 2003.

1. typRat

typRat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

my tv has started buzzing when the picture is on. this seems to increase in volume when the picture is brighter, but the volume is turned off. also the buzzing doesnt seem to come from the set's speakers (which are always on 0 volume). really annoying as with low sound playback or quiet moments its qute intruding.

any idea how to fix this? its just started recently, wasnt like this for about a year before...

(loewe aconda 9381)

thanks

2. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Oh dear, I had exactly the same problem with my planus when I first bought it. It took the hardware engineers 2 months to work
    out what is was, as you say, it gets louder the more gain there is on the tele. I can't remember exactly what it turned out to be, but they said something had got loose and either needed tightening or was replaced. They said the part cost a few pounds. Trouble is, I really can't remember what the hell the part was.
    Sorry.
    Azzo.

3. typRat

typRat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    think now azzo, concentrate...

4. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Man, this was over 4 years ago!!!!!! I can't remember what I was doing last week!
    I'm sure engineers nowadays can work it out.
    Trouble is you have to get them to believe that it making a buzzing sound. Mine was very hi pitched and had absoultely nothing to do with the audio.
    Azzo.