1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Teletext Controls And Advanced Controls Question.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Garrett, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,017
    Just lately on teletext they have been mucking about with the fast text so if you are going through a group of pages instead of the green button being the next page on it has been taking you reader to pages un-associated with that ones presently reading.
    The question: on other TV’s I have had one of the buttons has been for the next page forward or back a page, but does the Loewe remote have this function?

Also in the engineers setup is there anything like on monitors that they call pincushion? Where if the screen is something like a barrel shape or hour glass shape you just bring it back to square with one setting?

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Loewe Aconda does have the teletext Sub-Page feature that you are referring to Garrett - and very handy it is too. It should be activated as standard. To cycle through sub-pages just use the left/right directional button on the remote. To jump up or down pages, i.e., from Page 631 to 632, use the up/down directional button.

The Service Menu parameter you need is "EW Amplitude" which stands for East/West Amplitude. This is equivalent to a PinCushion parameter on a Computer. There is no single button that returns the image to a perfect square and you have to adjust in units until you get it as square as possible. This should only be done on a Cross-Hatch Test Pattern screen, such as one from AVIA etc (seperate EW Amplitude setting for NTSC sources).

The Loewe Service Menu gives you further control with EW Upper and EW Lower parameters as EW Amplitude adjusts them both at the same time.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,017
    Thanks for the info, will try the second.
    But on the first I knew the sub page on but the up and down Key do you mean the the one on the circle with the big OK in the middle all it does on mine is high light pages that are available showing on that page then you press OK and you go to them.

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I mean the one in the circle with OK in the middle. You could be right though as I never checked. Will take a look later for you though :).

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,017
    Was I right or have you found a way round it?

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You were right, the Up/Down buttons just highlight the pages within the text. I couldn't find any other button that will go up/down pages.

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,017
    I was going to say maybe you could program the programmable keys but they are the ones in use on teletext.:mad: :mad: :mad:

8. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Briefly thought about that as well :). Teletext is a feature I never use anymore. It's strange as I was always looking up something before I got Sky Digital but since then, I couldn't be bothered switching to analogue channels to use teletext - lazy I know but you soon forget about Teletext.