Loewe Spheros Price Crash

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by spinaltap, Sep 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. spinaltap

spinaltap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +823
    My favourite LCD panel is the Loewe Spheros 37. The picture is simply stunning at any price. The trouble is I don't have £6,000 at hand.

Following a visit to my local Loewe dealership, however, I discovered that there has been a substantial price reduction. The panel can now be purchased (list price) for £3,100 with HDMI and DVB-T, or £3,500 with HDMI, twin Freeview tuners and in-built DVR. Similar price reductions can be had with the Loewe Xelos range (there is a difference between the standard DVB-T tuner and the Freeview tuner in the way in which it deals with the UK's EPG).

The Spheros R26 on display (£1,800) was as stunning to look at - either from DVD or off-air broadcasts - as the Spheros 37. The new chassis for the Spheros 32 (£2,300) and Spheros 37 (£3,100) - with on-board electronics, rather than in a separate signal box will be freely available from sometime in October, apparently.

The twin Freeview tuner and DVR option adds approximately £300 to these prices.

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
  3. karlak

karlak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: