1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Retailers

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Cebera, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Cebera

Cebera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm finding it difficult to get hold of good retailers in the North West of England with Loewe equipment on display even if you use the official list from Linn.

Are Loewe really comitted to the UK market - I like the equipment but bearing in mind the difficulties in finding decent retailers is there a risk that the equipment may not be supported in the future??

Can anyone shed any light on likely price discounts offered by the retailers?

On a technical note -

I'm considering a 32" Xelos or Spheros with integrated freeview tuner to go alongside a Sony RDR-HX1000 HD Recorded/DVD Recorder. How do you connect these systems so that you can record digital freeview (HX1000 only has an anaolgue tuner). What are the limitations in terms of what you can watch while recording - does the TV have to be left turned on or will standby suffice?

Loads of issues posted here!! But any help would be appreciated

Ta

A

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    John Lewis in Cheadle have a Xelos + DVD recorder package on display.
    May be worth phoning that branch before a visit to see what they stock.
    Kendalls on Deansgate (House of Fraser group) also normally have a few Loewes on display.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The integrated D-TV/D-Sat tuner in the Loewe is not a freeview tuner but it can pick up Freeview. It does not support MHEG (ie there are no interactive features), channels are ordered non on a freeview channel numbering, timeshare programs do not work correctly (you can view them but can only tune them in when they are broadcasting) and there is currently a problem with it being impossible to receive ABC1. The EPG works though.

That probably makes it sound awful, but it is a very good quality picture, should work with a CAM and, if it had twin tuners and was freeview savvy then it would be a very nice piece of kit.

However, I have a the D-TV/D-Sat option plus DR+ and would not choose either again in the future. IMO, the DR+ would be great if twin digital tuners were available to it and it was better integrated. I guess im just spoiled by the Pace Twin.

-Ian

4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
  5. brock_landers

brock_landers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.ronleigh.co.uk in Wigan, Lancashire, have the full range of Loewe equipment on demo.

6. Cebera

Cebera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick thankyou to those who have replied. I've spoken to Peter Martin on the phone - they seem to be really good and we are travelling down to Congleton to meet them tomorrow.