1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loewe picture format

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ste1010, Jun 22, 2003.

1. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Can any Loewe owners advise me on how to set the picture format permanently to widescreen

Evert time I turn my aventos on, or change between inputs i.e AV or RF the picture keeps defaulting to Cine mode.

Is there a way I can set it default to 16:9

Cheers

Ste

2. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    C'mon, surely someone can answer my question, please.......

Also, I'll push my luck and ask another Loewe question.

When I press the Sky TV button (blue oval button on the top of the Sky digi remote) my old Sony set senses sky is now on and switches to the AV input for Sky. My Loewe doesn't do this, although I'm sure it will if set up right.

Can anyone advise

Cheers, in advance

Ste

3. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK - I'll attempt to answer these,I'm presuming you're connecting to one of the RGB scart (2/3) plugs

1. The set should switch to 16:9 mode automatically if it needs to otherwise it will switch into whatever (non 16:9) viewing mode was last used - I usually keep this on 4:3. Are you using a fully wired scart cable ?

2. You need to enable the switching voltage on in order to automatically change channel - the procedure to turn it off is given below, personally I have it turned off and change manually

Phil

4. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Cheers Phil, will give it a go

Ste

5. raneeshm

raneeshm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I have read your mails and tried the above mentioned tricks, but I still have the same problem. All I want to do is fix my set to 16:9 whenever I switch on the telly. It either goes on to pan or cine mode and then I have to play with the green button and switch it back to 16:9.

It's not a major headache but it would be nice if there would be setting wherein I shall not have to switch around.

Rest I am extremely happy with my aventos, I was a bit scared about the 100 Hz jaggies (mentioned by someone on this site), but my word this is the best tele I have ever had. I have no probs watching footy and even with the sharpness set at 5 and DMI switched on I have had no problems whats so ever. (Groundy probably needs to buy an aventos). Me and my wife were carefully looking for any movement artifacts, but there are none..... Yippie......My old sony FX68 goes to the auction tommorow !

Cheers

Raneesh :hiya: :clap:

6. markd

markd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The default screen mode setting for Loewe Q2400 and Q2500 chassis models when you switch on is 4:3.

If the set was on 16:9, it will revert to 4:3. If the set was on 4:3 or Pan or Cine or Zoom, then it will come on in that mode. You should also notice this behaviour when changing channels when in 16:9 mode.

The only way to force the set to remember the 16:9 setting is to make a change in the Service Menu. Specifically, you need to make a change to one of the Bits for one of the Option Bytes. I emailed Loewe direct and was told the appropriate setting for the Q2400 Xelos I have. This could be different for Q2500 based models which I assume you have if you have just purchased the set. I'm sure someone here knows the appropriate setting for Q2500 based models.

If you do decide to make a change to any of the Option Byte settings, be very careful and make sure you are changing the correct one.

7. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Would be interested to know what the service menu setting is for the Aventos to achieve this.

Will give Loewe a call. In the meantime if anyone already knows this please let us know.

Thanks

Ste

8. markd

markd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    For those with the Q2400 chassis, I've found the email from Loewe with the details.

The setting to change is:

Option Byte 3, Bit 0.

Change it from 0 to 1.

This setting may be different for the Q2500 chassis.

Remember that any changes you make to the Option Byte settings are done at your own risk.

9. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just had this reply from Loewe Cust Services

Setting the Aventos to 16:9 as a default setting ( warning when in service mode it is possible to cause damage to the Aventos if the wrong options are changed.)
    1, Enter the service menu ' press the button with the circle and a arrow on the front of the Aventos TV ( next to the '+ & -' buttons) cycle round to the service option is highlighted, when the service option is highlighted the 'MENU' button on the remote control must be pressed within '1' second. This will lead to the service menu being shown.
    2,select option Bytes' and change byte 3, bit 0' from '0' to '1'
    3, Press 'E' to exit this menu. The 16:9 picture format can now be stored as a default setting.

I have done the above and now have 16:9 as the default.

Cheers

Ste

10. raneeshm

raneeshm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Ste,

How do I reach the service menu, I did go the brochure available online and when I press M on the remote I can't see any service menu.

Is this icon only present on telly's used for display in the shop ?

Raneesh

:confused:

11. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Raneeshm

press the button on the front of the set thats a circular arrow until the service menu option is displayed. Then press the menu button on the remote within a second of the service menu option being highlighted.

Any probs let me know

cheers

Ste

12. raneeshm

raneeshm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey ste,

I managed to reach the service menu, but it is written in green that THIS ICON IS FOR AUTHORISED SERVICE ENGINEERS ONLY, I couldn't naviagte it either.

Any comments

:(

13. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi

Yes my TV displayed the message, but I was able to navigate the Service menu from my remote. Heres what I did.

Turn TV on

Press button on front panel (the one that looks like a curly arrow) until the service menu option is displayed. the quickly press the M button on the remote.

The M button needs to be pressed quicker than 1 second after the service menu option is displayed.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers

Ste

It may be worth contacting Loewe. They seem pretty helpful

Cheers

14. gfc

gfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry this is off topic...

Question for ste1010. I'm just about to buy either an Aconda or Mimo and probably from tvandvideodirect. Just wondering if you've had any problems with them since you bought your Mimo from them?

cheers

15. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi gfc

No problems with tvandvideodirect. It was actually an Aventos I have bought. Very happy with the set and very happy with the service from tvenadvideo.

I originally had a sony from John Lewis. They were good. swapped the set a few times and eventually refunded. I would have stuck with JL for the Loewe for the 5yr warranty but they only stocked the graphite Aventos. If they supplied the platinum version I would have had to pay list price (about1250) as they dont price match on a special order.

TVandVideo give a two year warranty on the Loewe. I then used Barclaycards free extended warranty to get an extra year. I also got an extra 40quid back last week using Barclaycards price promise.

All in all I am happy

Cheers

Ste

16. raneeshm

raneeshm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey ste,

I did finally reach the service menu and did what u mentioned, but this lands up in switching the format to 4:3 and not 16:9.

I downloaded the sevice manual from the net which mentions that I shall have to switch byte 3 to bit 1 and leave the bit 0 alone. So I am confused, I guess I am going wrong somewhere, would it be possible to give me loewe's e-mail I.d. so I can check it with them before I mess around with this.

If in the meantime you have any suggestions do mention.

Thanx till now and I hope u are enjoying your new aventos, for one, I definately am ........

Raneesh
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Raneesh

The customer service manager is John Chavner (01292 471 568 )

I originally phoned him and he put me throught to a tech support who explained what to do. They followed this up with an EMAIL. They did cover themselves by advising me not to touch the service menu.

Email address is:>helpline@loewetv.co.uk

good luck

Cheers

Ste

18. raneeshm

raneeshm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey ste,

I did finally manage to fix the set at 16:9. Your steps were right and thanx a lot for the same. You are a star !!!

raneesh

---------------------------------------------------------

19. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Raneeshm, where did you download the service manual from? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

20. raneeshm

raneeshm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  21. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: