1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe or bust

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Londondecca, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I am probably going to buy a Loewe tomorrow. Not because of the great styling or build quality but because it does seem to have the least processing of the picture. All these fancy gadgets may one day improve PQ on all types of programme but it seems at the moment this is not really possible.

I have not decided which one except it will be a 32" and will have 3 scarts preferable with 2 RGB. Progressive scan etc will just have to wait. If my plan does not work out I have promised my wife we will buy a cheap TV from Tesco or Asda.

So lets hope Loewe live up to their reputation otherwise it is a £199 Bush TV for me.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Hi there.
    I have gone through a few sets recently and then setteled on the loewe NEMOS 32". It is a very stylish tv and gives a great piture. However it is not Fault free!!!
    Out of the box there was a pink splot of colour in the top left had corner of the screen. Geomatry from top to bottom needed adjusting and left to right drops down towards the left hand corner. It also has a noticable dirty screen effect especially on light backgrounds.
    Now dont get me wrong, the pink splot of colour is hardly noticable and the geomatry left to right is only really noticable when watching a wide screen film and you can see the black bars are not as straight as they should be. The thing that Pi :censored: s me of the most is the dirty screen problem. Every tv I have had has had this problem The thoshiba picture frame 36" and the panasonic pd30 and now the loewe set!!.
    I went into a shop the other day in CHelmsford. They had a loewe aconda on display and were playing a bugs life dvd. On a slow camera pan across the sky, Guess what? the dirty screen effect again. Is there no tv that is immune to this problem?
    Any way , this comming wednesday the tv is being taken away and being replaced with a new one of the same model. Like I said the picture quality itself is one of the best I have seen so I would like to get one that is right. I have a feeling though that even if the geomatry is how its supposed to be that the dirty screen effect will rear its ughly head again.
    Loewe are suppossed to be one of the best around so I hope the one you choose gives you a great performance. I am hopeing that I will be lucky on wednesday and get a good one!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: