1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Nemos whites are pinkish.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bazzae123, Feb 25, 2005.

1. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can this be fixed by a service engineer or does the TV need replacing. Its a new set and although there is a small roundish window where the whites appear to be white but the rest of the screen displays them as a light pink. The other problem is on terrestrial channels there is a dark band about a inch wide down the middle of the screen during dark scenes.

Would I be correct in saying that he pinkish whites are where some of the red gun is creeping through the shadow mask? I remember reading, from a link on this forum, a interesting article about purity and convergence but can't remember the link. If anybody can remember it please can you let me know.

Quick update. While writing this the phone went and Hughes going to replace the set directly from Loewe so fingers crossed things can only get better.

Regular readers may be asking why I haven't gone back to the Philips 9509, well I'll let you know in due cause but its not out of the equation but any means.

Bazza

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I went through two loewe nemos tvs, hope your next one is ok.

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    No. If some of the electrons from the red gun are getting through the mask when they shouldn't then you'll get too much green and blue in the white, not too much red.

4. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a couple of other things. When the TV was delivered it was on its side and it also had a big hole in the bottom of the box. Having spent a couple of hours trying to find the link I was on about it seems that here is a debate to whether a TV should be transported on it side, let alone dropping it and producing a big hole in the bottom of the box. Who knows.

Anyway, one thing that does surprise me is every time I turn the TV on from the main on/off button the TV goes directly into standby and I then have to select a channel on the remote. Is this normal for this set as all previous TV's power straight up.

Bazza

5. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My Aconda goes into Standby from the on/off button...so it must be a Loewe thing.