1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Nemos 32

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Nik555, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Nik555

Nik555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Hi,

Can anybody give me any help with my Loewe TV as it is doing my head in now.

When it is hooked up to my Sky box and you change the channel over, the picture aspect ratio changes automaticly, but its always the one I dont want like 4:3 Or Zoom :mad: . So I checked the manual and it says there is an option to turn the automatic picture changing thing off, great I thought untill I changed the channels over and hey presto it mucks up again and I have to manually change it back. :confused:

Please can someone help me?............

Cheers Nik

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    yes this is something that always happened with mine. I just selected 16;9 wide mode when I turned the tv on and left it at that. Once you manually selected an aspect ratio it would stay on that setting untill you turned it of. Then when the tv was put back on you would go through the same problems again. :mad:
    Just thought I would let you know that it is not just your tv that does it :)

3. Nik555

Nik555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Cheers mate,

Well Im not the only one, but surely there must be an answer???

Nik

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I think, that in the service menu somewhere , that there is an option to set the default aspect ratio. I do not know however what optionbyte must be changed in this menu.
    In the generall user menu there is an option for auto format changing I know it sounds silly but have you made sure that this is turned off?

5. Nik555

Nik555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Yes I have turned the auto changing thing off but this has made no difference.

Cheers Nik

6. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My Loewe is connected to a Freeview box. AMD is "off" on the telly, and the box outputs a 16:9 signal.

When I'm on a non-widescreen channel, the TV remembers the aspect ratio last selected (with me, it's Panoramic so I can see the ticker-bar on Sky News).

So whilst watching your Sky box, choose a non-widescreen channel and set your aspect ratio preference (and allow the selection bar to disappear). As you surf between channels, widescreen ones will be in widescreen, and others will be in the ratio you previously selected. If you change the aspect ratio then it will remain on that one for the next non-widescreen channel.

(All of the above supposes that Sky boxes behave like my Pace Freeview....can't say as I've never had Sky).

One thing to note...I leave my telly in standby. Switching it off may cause it to revert to a standard default aspect ratio. Dunno on that one.