1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Nemo's 32

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Leeray3, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys,

Basically after months of research I have decided to buy the Loewe Nemo's 32 (the main factor being it was black). I have been looking around for some time now and have finally narrowed my search down to two companies that sell this. One is Tv & Video Direct and the other is Empire Direct. Empire is selling this Tv for about 5/6 pounds more so there is not much in it between the two.
    My question is, or what I am looking for is people's opinions on either of these companies. I am really looking for good customer service incase anything goes wrong with the TV.

Has anyone had any dealings with either of these companies? Have you had any problems with them? Do you have any preference between the two?
    I don't mind paying a fiver more if the service is better.

Thanks

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I have had 2 loewe nemos 32s from tv and video direct . Both of them had faults. Bad geomatry, The dirty screen effect, Distortion on the left and right sides of the picture and a horrible splot of colour in the top left and bottom left corner. I sent the first one back, and sold the second one after having problems trying to get the first one back :rolleyes:
    As I said above both from tv and video direct, Be carefull ;)

3. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Having spoken to empire direct this morning regarding a buzzing pd30 they were very good and agreed to swap for a tosh .Their delivery is excellent and very prompt.I had even thrown some of the packaging away and even this didnt seem to upset them.

4. Bigfathoss

Bigfathoss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just took delivery of a Nemos 32 from tvandvideodirect. So far so good. :thumbsup:
    Delivery in 5 days and prompt replies to the e-mails.

On the subject of this tv though, now I have it scarted to my SKY+ the sky menu bar seems to have lost a little of it's smoothness. The numbers and wording tend to be a bit "blocky". Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

5. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Have you set the sky to rgb mode? i think default is pal.

6. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    The nemos has to be told to recive an rgb signal as well when you set it up.

7. Bigfathoss

Bigfathoss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you do that David? The SKY+ is set to RGB and I used the 2nd scart socket (which is labelled RGB).

8. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your reply's, I have now ordered my TV from TVVideoDirect as they replied to my questions very promptly. Empire Direct binned my e-mails without even reading them so that helped make my mind up a bit.

Bigfathoss, are you happy with your Nemo's? Do you have any advice on the picture settings i.e brightness settings?

Also as this TV is due to arrive in the next week could anyone give me a few
    examples of what to look for with regards to image problems.
    I hear things like dirty screen problems, geometry problems and colour bleeding. The problem is I wouldn't know how to look for these things? Any ideas/pointers would be appreciated

9. classik

classik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do u want good price or good service?..if its service your better of going to a authorised dealer if you phone loewe uk they can give u ur nearest..then see what sort of warrenty/garuntee they offer..although they say most tvs go wrong in there first year i very much doubt it.
    LOEWE UK-01292 471 564.

10. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunatley my nearest dealer is selling this TV for GBP1200.00 where as TVVideoDirect and Empire Direct are selling this for GBP850.00. GBP350.00 is to much money for me to just give away.
    I have heard a lot of good things about TvVideoDirect and I thought they were an authorised Loewe dealer which was one of the factors that helped me make up my mind.
    Am I right in saying this anybody?

11. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

When you are setting the tv up it will ask you in the user menu settings what input is going into scart one scart 2 ect and what is connected up to it.
    If you are not sure that you have done this, go in to the use menu of the tv, select connections and then follow the instructions :thumbsup:

12. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Lee...

If you go looking for faults then you will most certainly find them. I suggest for the sake of your own sanity you avoid hunting for every minor imperfection, coz it will be never ending and you'll drive yourself barmy. :suicide:

If you don't know what problems you're looking for....good ! Once you do, you'll see them on many TVs.

Obviously if it's a lemon then back it must go, but if you're happy with the display then content yourself in the knowledge that's good enough...coz you're the person that has to look at it each day.