1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Mimo styling

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by cerebros, May 10, 2003.

1. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Just saw the Mimo 32 in my local Sevenoaks.

Anyone else think these looks a bit like an iMac that's been stretched out?

Not overly sure about the styling, but it may have been my intense dislike of the cream colouring of the one on show. Thankfully Loewe are doing one in "anthracite", which I was told in the shop is a very dark grey, almost black, finish.

I did actually quite like the red button thingy on the front.

Can't really comment on the PQ as they were just feeding it some crappy children's TV programme.

2. Fe+

Fe+

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah I saw it yesterday in John Lewis Cheadle and it reminded me of the Mac.

It was the cream one too.

I quite like the styling, but I would then have to redocorate to accomodate it in my living room - put in teak floors and super minimalst couchs and fittings...:cool:

Also saw the Aconda for the first time. liked the set, but the oval frosted glass stand looked a tad tacky in the shop...

guess these tv's need to be in the right settings to really look good...

Fe+

3. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well i don't class the stands as a problem - none of the ones I've seen (from any manufacturers) are any good if you're trying to accomodate an AV system of amp, DVD, VCR and centre speaker. They only seem to provide stands suitable for one or two components at most, and you can forget your centre speaker, you'll have to pray it'll sit on top of your TV.

I'm pretty much resigned to having to buy a hideously expensive proper AV rack to be able to accomodate all my components (AV amp, DVD player, VCR, minidisc deck & centre speaker for now, STB and separate CD player in future).

Plus a lot of TV stands (and even AV racks) only seem to go up to 50cm high - from my experience 70cm would seem to be the minimum unless you're wanting to look down on your TV all the time.