1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Mimo 32?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jase the space, Apr 9, 2003.

1. jase the space

jase the space
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone heard of the Loewe Mimo 32? Looks like a plasma in the picture on the www.tvandvideodirect.com web site but it can't be for that price:

32" 16:9 Widescreen, 100Hz PCS Plus, Split Screen/Teletext, 390 page Teletext, Digital Link/Digital Link Plus, Full PIP, Vitrual Dolby Surround, Multimedia Upgrade, Ir Link Upgrade, VGA Upgrade, Dolby Digital Upgrade, Wirless Audio Upgrade, Wireless Home Lighting Control, Online Plus Upgrade, Availabe in Colours Cream, Anthracite, Platinum, Weight 54 Kg Dimensions in cm 81w x 61.5h x 57.5d THIS PRODUCT COMES WITH A TWO-YEAR MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY.

Our Price: £1,099.99 *

(Delivery charge: £39.99 *)

2. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. jase the space

jase the space
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes and there is a press release on the Loewe site. No other details on site except: if you look at the technical spec of another TV (e.g. Products/TV/Aventos/Technical Specification) then click on the compare with other products box, all Mimos are in there! Only real difference I could see was that it only has DMI not DMI Plus but these technical pages are notoriously wrong or out of date.

Also Mimo seems to have a Platinum "box" but you can choose which "facia" to add (out of cream and anthracite).

4. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Spoke to John Lewis in Bristol, they expect to start stocking them before the end of April - only in Cream for display. £1399. Peter Martin had a couple in stock at £1250 but it's a long way to Cheshire from Bristol.

Gotta say it looks drop dead gorgeous.

6. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How annoying:mad: if I knew this was coming I'd have a bought a 32" Mimo instead of the Aventos couple of months ago. Very cool looking set and love the stands, practical or not the whole ensemble makes a real style statement - at a fraction of B&O prices.

Still the Aventos is a great looking TV, great picture, great sound, and utterly reliable unlike my previous Philips and Toshiba with nothing to complain about other than the covers fit and finish could/should be better for this class of TV.

7. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    They look great, I wish I'd know about those sets and I would have held off buying my Aconda. Mind you I am delighted with the Aconda.
    Maybe I'll buy a Mimo for the living room or bedroom.

8. Damo

Damo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well spotted Jase, that's some fine looking telly!

9. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think they look nice - a simple design and the interchangable fascias sound novel. However, the Mimo is not a patch on the Aconda/Vitros designs in my opinion.