1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Mimo 32 connections

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by turnerj, Jan 8, 2004.

1. turnerj

turnerj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The Loewe website says that the Mimo 32 has 3 SCARTS .... "2 RGB capable, 1 Component Video input capable" (definitely says component not composite).

Anyone know if this is definitely right ? Can anyone recomend a cable that is component to SCART (I guess that's what I'd need!?)

And is the component one separate from the 2 RGB 'cause I want to be able to plug in my Tosh DVD via component, my Grundig Sky via RGB and my XBox via RGB to get the best PQ from all of them without swapping cables ... and if the Mimo can do it I think I'll buy one :smashin:

Cheers,
    Jon

2. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Unfortunately not, the component/RGB is shared on the third scart. If you use component for the dvd then you will have ony one RGB input left.

I can thoroughly recommend Supra cables. You can find the one you need here http://www.supradirect.co.uk/shop/Video_CableComponentzlRGB_Video_Cable.html

3. turnerj

turnerj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply , and for the link to the cable ... not what I was hoping to hear though :(

Anybody know if this is the same on all Loewe TV's ? Anybody suggest a way round the prob?

Cheers
    Jon

4. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh no. Really? I assumed the component connection on the TV was three phonos and had ordered the correcponding lead. It's really a scart at the tv end?

Mimo arrives on Friday, leads due to be dispatched tomorrow - can someboody please confirm the above.

cheers,
    Mark

5. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Component is most certainly via a scart socket.
    I use a Supra AV3 (3 phono cable) with one of these adapters
    http://www.keene.co.uk/cgi-bin/codesearch.pl?KA150

6. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brilliant, thanks. I have now got somebody making me a custom cable from IXOS parts. It uses their XHV704 cable with the scart plug from the XHT601.