1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe & JL

Discussion in 'TVs' started by IvorBigun, Sep 26, 2003.

1. IvorBigun

IvorBigun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
    Just returned from JL Bluewater, and they have changed their TV display area around.
    They now have less CRT TV's, and more flat panels on display.
    Whilst this is probably not a bad thing, i noticed they only had one Loewe on display ( a Mimo ).
    I asked the salesman what had happened to the rest of the Loewe display, and was told that JL are no longer selling Loewe, and are just clearing old stock.
    Apparantly due to the high RRP of Loewes, people are opting to spend a little bit more and buy a flat screen.
    He also said this applied to all JL stores & not just Bluewater.

2. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar conversation with JL at Bristol. However, they will still order a Loewe "direct" for you - at a very silly price... I was quoted £1995 for a 32" Aconda!

However, if you want the JL customer service and have a Barclaycard, I guess you could use that and get a price match (from Barclaycard) vs. EmpireDirect... or whoever has a good price at the time. :)

3. whitcat

whitcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL did have an Aventos behind the Mimo last weekend. It wasn't turned on as they only have one aerial lead between the four TVs on that stand. They were quite reluctant to let me plug anything else into it.

Maybe it's the lack of profit if everyone does a price-match :D

JL aren't the only ones. I also tried Sevenoaks last weekend only to be told they don't display them anymore (but can order). It seems I might not be able to get a decent Loewe CRT demo anywhere.

James

4. duncs

duncs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL in Nottingham had 5 or 6 Loewe sets on display yesterday if it is any help.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    I popped into House of Frazer/Kendal’s yesterday and noticed the same thing there was only one Loewe on display, but a massive new section with plasmas.
    Every time I popped in the past they had about 6 on display and nearly always someone inquiring about them/buying one.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    I wonder if it is because Loewe are not going to make TV’s any more see here :(