Loewe individual

darrellnardo

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’m wanting to run a CD player/transport through my Loewe individual tv surround system. I’ve seen a Musical Fidelity M1CDT I like the look of but it needs a digital input to run which the tv has but I’ve heard on the Loewe it’s no good for connecting a CD player to. Any help out there please?

Apart from the HDMI and USB there is no other way of connecting a CD player to a TV. The digital optical on the TV is output only. If you want CDs to play through your TV then a blu ray or DVD player will do the job via HDMI.

Not something I would entertain.

Apart from the HDMI and USB there is no other way of connecting a CD player to a TV. The digital optical on the TV is output only. If you want CDs to play through your TV then a blu ray or DVD player will do the job via HDMI.

Not something I would entertain.

There are digital inputs on my tv so I can either connect one by rca interconnects or a digital coaxial cable. I’ve read somewhere that the digital input will not work for a CD player

What is the model number of the TV?

RCA is analogue. Digital coax on TV's are usually output only. May be different on your TV but I need the model number. I have found the connections for the Bild 4 and the only inputs are HDMI.

CONNECTIVITY
  • 4 x HDMI with HDCP 2.2 (1x 2.0a, 1x ARC)
  • LAN network connection / integrated WLAN
  • 2 x Common Interface / CI Plus 1.3 certified
  • Home Control Interface / IR-Link
  • Digital Audiolink (DAL) / Digital Audio-Out (coaxial)
  • Analog Audio-Out (L/R) / Headphone (3,5 mm jack)
  • Micro-AV (Component / Scart / VGA)
  • 3 x USB (1 x 3.0)

Sorry, the reply was a bit garbled regarding the rca etc. It’s the Loewe Individual 40.

Hi. I’ve crawled around the back of the tv and it’s definitely got an audio in and out point. It’s the full hd compose model.

Attachments

• 5FF60B7B-6676-4361-85BA-DF7C9F7A642F.jpeg
    5FF60B7B-6676-4361-85BA-DF7C9F7A642F.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 597CBA6D-1804-43CB-90C6-5FB2759C9481.jpeg
    597CBA6D-1804-43CB-90C6-5FB2759C9481.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 105
Thanks for the photos. They are indeed audio in and they are RCA analogue. You could hook up a CD player by it's analogue outputs which would entail a stereo presentation by using the L and R fittings.
According to this review there is also a digital audio input. Both should take a connection from a CD player although I would personally use the analogue.

Loewe Individual 40 Compose (Slim) Review | Trusted Reviews

Ok great, thanks for the reply. Basically that rules out any units that are digital only like the Musical Fifelity M1 cdt etc...?

The digital input socket to the upper right of the AV2 SCART socket on the Loewe Individual 40 Compose Full HD+ (as per your photo; see also manual page 5) ought to be capable of accepting the input from a CD Transport's S/PDIF output, such as that on the MF M1CDT.

You can find your Individual 40 Compose Full HD+'s manual in English here, if you've lost yours.

Ok great, thanks for the reply. Basically that rules out any units that are digital only like the Musical Fifelity M1 cdt etc...?
There is a digital in, coax I believe. As the MF is a transport it will need that digital connection. If the problem you've previously mentioned is a conversion problem within the Loewe then that could be overcome by using a standalone DAC inbetween the player and TV with an analogue feed from DAC to TV.

Thanks. I’d seen on a thread somewhere that the Loewe technician said that even though it’s an input it wasn’t actually designed for that purpose...!
Just curious if anyone had experienced it as I really like the look of some of the digital transports without the need for a separate dac.

Thanks. I’d seen on a thread somewhere that the Loewe technician said that even though it’s an input it wasn’t actually designed for that purpose...!
Just curious if anyone had experienced it as I really like the look of some of the digital transports without the need for a separate dac.
A blu ray player will do exactly what you want via HDMI. There are some very good players that have analogue outputs as well which means it's more than possible to hook up to a stereo amp as well, which will give a far better performance than your current set up.

Your TV, as good a pedigree that it is has, is not really designed for hi-fi and if music is a real source of enjoyment I would be looking to set up a stereo system if family listening is involved. If it's for just personal listening than a CD player and headphones could be the perfect fit. Both these I believe would be substantially better than what your are proposing.

If you still wish to pursue playing through the Loewe then there are some very good CD players that would give you analogue out. I use a Denon DCD 2500 NE and it's the finest player I've ever owned and I've owned a few and I doubt very much that a transport would beat it within it's price group.

Hi. I’d originally wanted to go the blu ray route but have no discs and didn’t see the point over a CD player. I appreciate what you say about a stand-alone stereo but I already have the Loewe upright surround speakers connected to the sub so I don’t want even more speakers scattered around. The sound from the system is really good for what it is and I certainly can’t spend the amount on the fantastic Denon you have. I was looking around the 400 mark at the Pro-Ject CD box DS or a used Music Fidelity M1 etc if anyone has suggestions on a compact but simple player.

If you are happy to send the Lowe hdmi for music then the Denon BT2500 is a beast of a blue ray player that does well for music. It is a transport only so only has a hdmi output which limits its use so can be picked up cheaply.

Thanks, I’ll have a look. I used to have the Loewe media centre going through hdmi and that sounded great.

Your TV, as good a pedigree that it is has, is not really designed for hi-fi ...
In the "full Individual package", the speaker set Loewe sold to accompany the TV were £5,800, including electrostatics at £2,000 a pair, and a subwoofer for £1,500. I can't help wondering if your statement isn't more of a generalization from other brands, rather than experience with Loewe and this specific series.

Loewe Individual Sound Stand Speaker SL review | Home Cinema Choice

TBF, we are not using Loewe's speakers - but we also paid a lot more for ours (see sig).

Last edited:
In the "full Individual package", the speaker set Loewe sold to accompany the TV were £5,800, including electrostatics at £2,000 a pair, and a subwoofer for £1,500. I can't help wondering if your statement isn't more of a generalization from other brands, rather than experience with Loewe and this specific series.

Loewe Individual Sound Stand Speaker SL review | Home Cinema Choice

TBF, we are not using Loewe's speakers - but we also paid a lot more for ours (see sig).
What does the processing of any direct HDMI input for audio? Is that within the TV itself or external. Hard to follow Loewes pathway. I have no experience of Loewe audio performance so maybe jumping the gun. I was concerned as to how good the audio pathway and decoding within the TV (Bild 4) with everything going on in the chassis.

I thought they were going under at one point.

I’ve got a couple of the L1 stand speakers and the central tv support stand one. They really do give off a good sound with the sub.

What does the processing of any direct HDMI input for audio? Is that within the TV itself or external. Hard to follow Loewes pathway. I have no experience of Loewe audio performance so maybe jumping the gun. I was concerned as to how good the audio pathway and decoding within the TV (Bild 4) with everything going on in the chassis.

I thought they were going under at one point.
Loewe was taken over by Skytec in January 2020.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom