Loewe Connect ID TV Range Now Available

hodg100

Distinguished Member
With thousands of set-up combinations possible

Loewe has just sent us some details on their Connect ID (individual design) range that is available in three different screen sizes (32, 40 and 46-inch), 12 different colour combinations and 30 unique set-up options. The mathematicians out there will know that makes a total 2,160 Connect ID configurations from which customers may choose. The choice of Black, White, Silver, Beige, Green or Orange housing colours and High Gloss White or High Gloss Black frames should allow the Connect ID to fit in with most home décor. The range is 3D-equipped, of course, with a host of Smart TV features, including Loewe’s own apps.

Loewe uses an LED panel with 200Hz ‘scanning’ and Active 3D technology. All formats feature HDTV tuners for DVB-T/C and DVB-S2, and an optional DVB-T2 tuner can also be integrated. Connections include two CI+ slots, three HDMI ports, of which one is with ARC, and two USB ports. The Connect ID can also be equipped with Loewe’s DR+ hard disk recorder upon request with 500GB of storage capacity.

attachment.php

LAN and WLAN are included as standard with ‘classic’ Loewe smart TV functions, including Loewe MediaHome, HbbTV via Loewe MediaText and access to Internet content via Loewe MediaNet. The Connect ID also uses the Loewe DR+ Streaming FollowMe technology (winner of the 2011-2012 EISA Award) which makes it possible to stream recordings from the hard disk to other current Loewe televisions, or to transfer an already running programme from the Connect ID television to another home network connected Loewe TV. The Connect ID can also be controlled via the Loewe Assist remote control, included as standard, and also through an iPad, using the Loewe Assist Media App.

Loewe are keen to point out that their televisions are ‘famed for delivering outstanding sound quality’and the 40-inch and 46-inch models feature two down-firing woofers to beef up the sound. With an integrated AC3 decoder, the Loewe Connect ID is also enabled for Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 multi-channel audio.

The Connect ID has a number of options for set-up, for the traditional, with the variable Table Stand Comfort, modern, with the fixed Table Stand Dynamic, or spacious, with the Table Stand Tableau. Further options include the Floor Stand Connect ID, with or without equipment board, and the Floor Stand Universal. The Connect ID can also be placed on one of the many Loewe racks, or hung on the wall using the Wall Mount. The rear panel comes prepared for the necessary Vesa brackets and also features an integrated Kensington lock.

The Loewe Connect ID range is already available. Suggested retail prices start at £1,395 for the Connect ID 32, £1,595 for the Connect ID 40 and £1,995 for the Connect ID 46 putting them about on par with Samsung ES800 and the LG LM960V. A 55-inch version will launch later this year. The optional DR+ hard disk recording facility is available with all screen sizes for an additional £300.

Attachments

• loewe.jpg
    loewe.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,632

Simba

Distinguished Member
would like to see this reviewed...any plans ?

andyj247

Standard Member
I'm going to have a demo of this tv on friday next week at rayleigh hifi I was going to take 3 blu-rays with me to test the tv out. The 3 films i was going to take are the dark knight,avatar and john carter if any one has any better suggestions please let me know.I'll be posting my opinion and if i took the plunge.:)

Simba

Distinguished Member
I'm going to have a demo of this tv on friday next week at rayleigh hifi I was going to take 3 blu-rays with me to test the tv out. The 3 films i was going to take are the dark knight,avatar and john carter if any one has any better suggestions please let me know.I'll be posting my opinion and if i took the plunge.:)

i would have taken a pixar movie also such as Cars for example but your selection seems good.

how was your demo.... id expect it to have been nothing short of amazing...

i remember a demo of a Loewe CRT showing LOTR years ago....my jaw dropped....couldnt believe how fluid the picture was. seems it was pretty advanced for the time as some of todays plasmas i have seen have similarities to what i saw back then..

andyj247

Standard Member
Hi simba i've been meaning to post what i thought of the demo just not had much time lately.

The demo went very well the picture quality had a very natural look about it not overly bright like some shops set up's are but the picture detal and colours all looked correct and motion was handled good aswell.Blacks did seem very black and i didn't notice any clouding i didn't watch any 3D films tbh so i can't comment on that side yet.

The sound quality was fantastic easily the best i've heard from any tv to date.

Overall i was very impressed with the set and put an order in for one i'm hoping the set will be deliverd by next weekend.:) I will say i'm no expert when it come's to tv's i just felt this tv was for me.

Simba

Distinguished Member
Sounds great!

Which size did you get and how much was it?

Out of interest, did you consider high end plasma such as VT50's for near this sort of price range ?

Last edited:

andyj247

Standard Member
I went with the 40" screen and with the 3d glassies and stand come to just under £1800.I did look into the high end plasma's but the screen size's was just too big for me.

Etuga

Standard Member
Hello Andy,

Did you receive the TV yet? I am really looking forward to hearing from you regarding the use of this television. I am very interested in getting one but I was wondering if the panel is that good in terms of light bleed and clouding.

The fact that the panel is from Samsung scares me a bit. I purchased Samsung's new flagship tv but I had to ask for a refund after having replaced it 3 times. All 3 times for the same reasons. Light bleed and massive clouding even while watching a full screen movie.

I would appreciate if you could test it in a completely dark room and give your thoughts about it. Any other thougts are more than welcome!!

Thanks in advance,

Etuga

Last edited:

andyj247

Standard Member
No not got it yet was told probably next week. But i'll post my findings once i get it and have a few days to have a play with it.

Etuga

Standard Member
No not got it yet was told probably next week. But i'll post my findings once i get it and have a few days to have a play with it.

Hey Andy,

I have been in touch with another user and he confirms that his TV has no backlight bleeding or clouding. See below:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1615398-loewe-connect-id-owners-thread.html#post17525210

Could you please check this on yours as soon as you get it? A dark background in a complete dark room is the easiest way to check it.

If you confirm that you haven't any issue with backlight bleeding or clouding, I will definitely order this model!!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Etuga

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom