1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Concept L42

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by la_guitars, Jun 3, 2005.

1. la_guitars

la_guitars
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I recently seen and been impressed by a Loewe Concept L42 plasma from my local John Lewis.

Anyone with experience of Loewe and Loewe plamsas

Any advice appreciated

2. craigybaby

craigybaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,
    I have a xelos 32 " crt 100 hz
    Fantastic picture with its own image processing
    The best screen I've ever seen and hard to find a plasma to compare to it.
    I thought about the L42 as well so if you do go for it I'd like to know your
    thoughts
    craig

3. Sluggster

Sluggster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I have a Loewe 32" CRT and I have to say it's a fantastic TV and anyone who has come around has been very impressed by the picture - so I'm a big fan. I've seen the Loewe 42" plasma in a couple of JL now and the picture does not seem to be as good as the other plasmas around it. It appears very grainy in comparison. It may be bad set up, but it does not seem to be as good as say the Vieras or Pioneers. I was in JL in Bristol and they had the 37" Loewe (LCD) there on a sale - about 2k off I think, as it was a display model - now that is a TV I'd love.

While I was there Curry's or Dixons had a Pioneer and 500 series Panasonic on display next to each other, both fed the same DVD through SCART leads and if I had to choose which I thought was best picture I'd have to go for the Pioneer. But that is by no means to say that with proper setting up things might not be different.

In JL they run a 42" and a 50" Pioneer in stand alone mode. The 50" fed HD and looking impressive. They fed the 42" with a Demo DVD. In a lot of ways it looked good, but there was a large logo in the corner and it was out of focus and had a halo around it. I was in the market for a plasma, but the more I look at this generation of screen the less I am inclined to get one.

Regards,

Sluggster