1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Component Connection Help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Buckster, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    I know this has been asked many times - but the answers have not helped - I'm considering replacing my Pioneer 535 (not convinced with the picture quality - see later in text) with a Toshiba 210e - where can I buy a Component - Scart lead ?
    I have heard that QED do one - but when looked up the model on the website - it didn't seem to exist. Can someone please post the options I have for this cable and if possible a website to where I can buy them from ?

My pioneer 535 - picture quality seems very noisy - on a lot of the panning shots - there seems to be vertical stripes noticeable- very annoying. If you stop the DVD - you get a blue screen - and you can see the stripes going backwards and forwards across the screen - this is in S-Video mode - RGB seems the same. I'm using a QED Sqart - so interference shouldn't be too much of an issue - it is multi-region modded though - perhaps something is amiss there ? Picture quality overall just doesn't seem particularly good -infact I would say the picture quality on RGB from Telewest Cable box is better !!!

My Loewe is a Loewe Vitros - 6381.

Thanks for any help,

Mark.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Any Scart to 4 or 3 phono lead for RGB use will work..the pins for RGB are same as for PrYPb respectively. You may find that such leads include fourth phon as composite video but it's not required for what you want as the sync is carried on the Y signal with component, not on composite. The Loewe can be set to receive this in its set up menu...

Gordon

3. Torque

Torque

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm also trying to find the right scart to buy to connect my Loewe TV to my Tosh DVD player.

Gordon, can you suggest a suitable scart to 3 phono lead? Most of the leads I've seen seem to carry both audio and video, like the QED AV29 scart to 6 phono connector. The only scart to 3 phonos I've found are actually carrying audio and a composite video, or are made for plasma screens.

I'm assuming I would be better off not carrying the audio signal in the scart, since I will connect the DVD player directly to my amp. Or should I not worry about this?

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Buckster & Torque:

What Gordon said ;).

However these cables are still difficult enough to find because they are not considered mainsteam. As mentioned by Torque, you could use the QED AV29 which is made for this purpose and is an extremely high quality cable. I use one with my Aconda. It does have the additional 3 phono's for Audio L/R and Composite Video but you simply don't have to use them. Either connect them up and just turn the TV volume down or off when watching a DVD with audio via amp.

You can get this cable at:

http://www.hificables.co.uk

which is a great site.

Also, while browsing Supra's range of cables today:

http://www.supradirect.co.uk/shop/enter.html

I came across the "AV6 4 Phono to Scart" under the RGB Video Cables section. This will also suit your needs but is a tad more expensive than the 1m QED AV29 from Hificables.

Do not be concerned with the AV29 carrying audio as well - it will not degrade performance from the video signal despite what some would have you believe.

5. Torque

Torque

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Groundy, thanks for the reassurance on the AV29.

Since I posted, I've also spotted the Profligold PGD371 scart to 3 phono from superfi.co.uk for £20 (1m) or £25 (3m) which is quite a bit cheaper than the AV29 (£55 for 1m or £75 for 3m from hificables.co.uk).

Does anyone have any experience of these or comments on the tradeoff? Can I be confident the Profligold will switch aspect ratios correctly?