1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe bluescreen

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bulldog, Sep 19, 2003.

1. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have a loewe aventos. Everytime I fast forward a video in playback mode I loose the picture and get the blue screen. Obviously the TV thinks its lost its connection and displays the bluescreen. Is there a way to turn this feature off so I can continue searching the video?

thanks alot

Paul

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Funny you should mention this.

I moved in with my gf about 4 months ago now and initially just had my VCR & DVD player hooked into her portable TV. Whenever I was fast winding forwards or backwards in playback mode, her TV would go straight to bluescreen after about a second.

I tried swapping SCARTS around and checking settings but nothing seemed to cure it so I decided it must be an issue with the gf's TV.

Then I finally brought the rest of my AV gear over, and strangely the TV started acting in a proper manner when fast forwarding or rewinding in play mode.

Bizarre.

3. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

So do you think just putting it through an amp fixed the problem? I`m amazed that there is no function to turn off blue screen in the menus. My 10 year old toshiba tv had that function.

Paul

4. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I think the blue screen functions look for a loss of the sync pulse in the video signal...

You will notice that when ffwding on your VCR The picture is not stable, and in the case of long play, can roll around a bit... and this is because the sync pulse is very small, or disappears, thus the TV thinks the signal has gone, and gives you a blue screen... and thats also why some VCR's work better then others... your AMP for instance may recreate the sync pulse due to internal video amplification, part of its video switching circuitry...

Not that this helps, but in the Toshiba Menu, there is a 'blue screen' option to allow you to turn it off if reuqired.. I'd be surprised if Loewe don't have somethign similar...

5. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well that's the thing, none of the video is routed through the amp - it's all still daisy-chained through SCARTS (VCR -> STB -> DVD -> TV).

The only thing that changed when I added the amp and pseakers back into the set-up was that I moved everything from a corner to in front of a window.

I'd be perfectly happy to accept that it was a slightly loose or bad cable connection, if not for the fact that I swapped a few different SCARTs in and out when I first noticed the problem without it making a blind bit of difference (and they're not cheapo ones - I bought 3 Thor's after being impressed with the one I'd been using previously with my DVD player).

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There is an Option Byte/Bit setting in the service menu to turn off the Blue Screen function. It may not help in your case though, as it might just replace it with a black one...haven't tried it so can't say for sure. I will PM you the details now.

7. bulldog

bulldog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Paul, I change the setting , now I can see the video fast forward search.
    Why they couldnt have added this function to the normal menus is bizarre. Those crazy germans hey! ;-)

thanks again.

Paul