Loewe, B&O or LG?

nick recruit

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Moving into a new place and looking for opinions and recommendations for a TV for the living room please.

General requirements are:
- 48" or 55" - preference for 55"
- 4K - preference for OLED
- Good aesthetics and can be use with a floorstand - preferably manufacturer designed
- Looking to build a B&O audio system and HDMI Matrix so compatibility with these is preferable
- To be used for films (streamed), TV (streamed and digital) and gaming (Xbox One / Scorpio)

Thoughts so far are:

Bang & Olufsen Horizon - 48" - 4K / Floor stand - £3,995
Loewe Bild 7 - 55" - 4K / OLED / Floor stand - £4,490
LG E6V - 55" - 4K / OLED / Not sure if floor stand is available - £2,450

Bang for buck is obviously the LG but if I'm going to build a B&O audio system then the Horizon has the obvious advantage of controlling the system via the TV, although it isn't an OLED screen... The Loewe has a great aesthetic, has OLED, and looks good on its Loewe floorstand but is the most expensive option; although I hear a mid-range Bild 3 is coming which might be an alternative option.

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Nick

At those prices shouldn't you be also considering the LG G6?

Given you are spending so much and the new LG OLEDs are on the horizon I would definitely wait for the 2017 models.

You will have the new Panasonic OLED, new LG OLEDs and Sony OLEDs to choose from them, all of which should be improved compared to the 2016 models.

Agree the G6 should also be on my radar as well as the 2017 OLEDs too.

I'm really keen on having a floor mount, rather than wall mounting, and Panasonic, LG and Sony just don't seem to manufacturer them to match the aesthetic of their TVs. I'm struggling to find nice third-party floor mounts which would open up my options other than Loewe and B&O...

loewe-bild-7.jpg

beovision-50-bang-and-olufsen-livingroom.jpg

That other B&O stand available (not pictured) hardly qualifies as aesthetically pleasing though :confused: (looked like some hospital iv drip stand :D). The Bild 3 is already available for sale but perhaps not yet in the UK? Samsung Serif is too small I suppose at 40" max ...
And indeed you would think there are third party options like that ... here is one I found within a minute that doesn't look too bad PM-207 - Standfuß mit runder Bodenplatte (more tv standaard - Google zoeken)
Another interesting one TV-Halter tripod art130 | Produktdesign | wissmann raumobjekte (mount that new Sony OLED on it and you're done :cool:)

Last edited:
Thanks Desinho.

Haven't seen the Bild 3 here in the UK yet, the Loewe One is still a rarity here.

What are your thought on the Bild 3 compared to the Bild 7 and Loewe One?

Nick

IIRC, B&O are rumoured to be launching their own LG-derived OLED.

The Loewe Bild 3 is now fully available in the UK the 55 inch version is £2399 + floor stand.

Attachments

• Loewe_Bild_3_televisor_4K_01.jpg
    Loewe_Bild_3_televisor_4K_01.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 204
At those prices shouldn't you be also considering the LG G6?

Given you are spending so much and the new LG OLEDs are on the horizon I would definitely wait for the 2017 models.

You will have the new Panasonic OLED, new LG OLEDs and Sony OLEDs to choose from them, all of which should be improved compared to the 2016 models.
Thanks Desinho.

Haven't seen the Bild 3 here in the UK yet, the Loewe One is still a rarity here.

What are your thought on the Bild 3 compared to the Bild 7 and Loewe One?

Nick

Hi nick
I recently was confronted with the same dilemma
I opted for the Bild 7.65 and integrated it into my B&O sound system using an Almando Multisound interface.
An extremely elegant solution that allows playback from B&O (and other equipment) without powering up TV.
Hope this post didn't come to late!

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom