1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aventos

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bodyfodder, Mar 4, 2003.

1. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

Im in the process of buying a new tv and have been lookin at this new Loewe model and i think im gonna buy it. Before i do tho there is a few questions i need answering before i take the plunge...

1. Does this tv have component inputs?

2. If so does it support progressive scan from an external source like a chipped xbox?

3. Does this tv do internal progressive scanning?

Iv looked for the info on the loewe webpage but im still not sure!

Thanks.

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Yes but not via the usual RCA Phono connections. The Loewe Aventos will accept a Component Video Signal on it's 3rd Scart Scocket. This means you need a 3 RCA Phono to Scart Cable (wired for Component/RGB at the scart end). Cables such as the QED AV29 will suit this purpose. AV2 & AV3 on the Loewe will accept an RGB signal.

It will not accept Progressive Scan via Component Scart. It will accept Progressive Scan via the option Loewe VGA upgrade board. Xbox needs a specially made VGA cable which is not easily available. You could offcourse use an external transcoder to transcode the Progressive Component signal from the Xbox to RGB HV via HD15. This would be costly and not really worth it on a 32" screen IMO.

Yes - but as with most "internal deinterlacers", it doesn't do it very well ;).

3. SteveCac

SteveCac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the Aventos had RCA component input?

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No Loewe does - only Component via Scart. I have no reason to assume the Aventos is any different.

5. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Boddyfodder,

Just to add to your decision on whether to go the Aventos route, my Articos is currently on sale in the classifieds section.

(apologies to all for the plug:nono: )

Kind regards,

Wilbur :D

6. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replys people.

Hmm..i think im gonna have to demo the Aventos and then decide. Its a lot of money to spend on a TV.

Im also looking at the Tosh Strata range as they seem ideal and i know for a fact that they have component inputs and can accept a progressive source.

How much better in terms of picture quality is the Loewe from the Tosh? Is it alot?