1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aventos

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jpm61, Apr 1, 2004.

1. jpm61

jpm61
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else noticed that about 2 minutes after you switch off the television via the remote that it kind of switches itself on again for a few seconds but the screen doesn't appear?
    Does anyone know why this does this?, also I forgot to send in my registration form to Loewe and a message flashed up on the screen reminding me to do it!, how did they know?

2. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've got an Aconda and have noticed this too. However it only does it when the TV is switched off after midnight.

If it's switched off before midnight then the telly will switch itself on at exactly midnight for a minute then switch off ! There's no picture, just the red and green LEDs.

I thought maybe it was something to do with the TV accessing that days EPG info - which we don't get in the UK.

Doesn't worry me. I've had the TV a couple of years and still going strong !

3. Stevey

Stevey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That sound is a degaussing sound

4. crooksm

crooksm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're correct - it is the TV searching for EPG information. You can turn this off - if press 'I', go into the index and search for EPG it should bring up the necessary options.