Loewe Aventos

jpm61

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions, when I have my Sky box on and then use the pip option I can't switch from the sky pic to the normal analogue pic, why?, also when I'm watching Sky if I want to want to watch a normal analogue channel like BBC1 I can't get to it by just pressing the number 1 button on the remote, it keeps going back to the Sky channel.
Finally when I'm using the teletext I can't find out how you navigate bacwards, I know that the red button usually takes you forward but what takes you back one page? with my last tv (Sony) I could just use the channel up/down buttons to go forward and backwards but the Loewe doesn't seem to have this feature.
Any help would be great!

Originally posted by jpm61
also when I'm watching Sky if I want to want to watch a normal analogue channel like BBC1 I can't get to it by just pressing the number 1 button on the remote, it keeps going back to the Sky channel.

You have to turn OFF the scart control on the Sky box for this to work.

Sorry, hit the wrong button there, when I turn off the scart option the picture goes blank, is there something I should be doing?

If I remember, you then have to call up the AV input manually using the remote.

Do a search for a thread called "Sky has taken over the Aconda".

It's a similar problem to the one you describe. :)

hi jpm61

im in the research stage of choosing a 32" widescreen.

and the Loewe at the moment is my front runner , despite being abit more expensive than the the other runners ie Sony

can i ask how you rate the Aventos ?? and do you think its worth the extra ££££

tks

welshwizard,

Before you do have a look at the new Tomson 32WB643

Well I tried 2 other tv's, the Philips 32" Pixel plus disaster and the Sony 32fq80 which had a horrible buzzing noise and both sides of the screen were TOTALLY out of focus which was a shame as I had always preferred Sony tv's before but they seem to have gone backwards recently.
The Loewe (Loo-Va) Aventos is way ahead of both of the above although maybe the Philips one just beats it on sound, the pic quality is excellent, I have the graphite colour one which I prefer to the Silver that is everywhere now, especially when you are watching something in a dark room, you don't notice the frame as you can do with silver.
Go along to somewhere like John Lewis and ask for a demo and see what you think, I can't comment on the Tomson 32WB643 as I haven't seen it yet, try that too.

many thanks jpm61

so much choice ??

budget keeps changing everytime i see a nice one

tks

many thanks jpm61

so much choice ??

budget keeps changing everytime i see a nice one

tks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back