1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aventos Set Up Daisy Chain to RGB

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bluetile, Jun 5, 2003.

1. bluetile

bluetile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a bit of a setup problem with my new Loewe Aventos 28" and would really appreciate some help.

I have a Philips DVDR880 connected to a Nokia 221T which is then connected to the Aventos. I've daisy chained them together to make full use of the single RGB scart (AV2). BUT I only get sound from the DVD player and no picture. The 221T gives sound and picture. If I connect via the non-RGB scart AV1 then there is no problem - sound and picture from both devices OK.

I'm using Thor scarts and have tried swapping them about to eliminate a faulty scart lead. I've also tried using the loewe on-screen connections wizard but it doesn't seem to allow for a DVD connected through a set top box. I'm not sure about the role of this connections wizard - is it essential to go through the setup process for each piece of kit?

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried swapping the order around in the chain. i.e. STB>DVD>TV.

This is how my daisy chain is ordered (with a VCR below the STB) and would have thought it is the most logical way of doing it as you want your highest quality source closest to your display. It might help.

Bloody Loewe and their RGB scart meaness! I'm interested to see how this works out for you as I'm intersted in buying a Loewe 28".

Of course you could always go for a SCART switch box if all else fails.

3. bluetile

bluetile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dazed. Yes I have considered swapping them around but not yet tried it - I'll give it a go tonight. 2 scarts is a bit mean just because it is 28" but it is an excellent TV and I'm very happy so far.

4. bluetile

bluetile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, by switching the devices the problem is solved. It seems that the 221T was not passing on the RGB signal it was getting from the DVD. Now by having the 221T last in the chain I get sound and vision from both devices. Hurrah!
    BUT the TV no longer detects the 221T when it is switched on and I have to manually select AV2. When I had both devices going into AV1 they were both detected when switched on, but now only the DVD is detected. This isn't a major problem but it is a feature I seem to have lost in the rewiring. Anyone have any ideas on this?