1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aventos service menu settings

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by G-Man, Dec 15, 2003.

1. G-Man

G-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After playing with the service menu settings on my new Loewe Aventos, I realised that I didn't make a note of the default Option Byte settings (well, I never pressed 'OK' so thought that my changes wouldn't be permanent after exiting the menu - I must have pressed 'OK' by mistake...oops!) . I went into the local Loewe dealer to get the settings from the Aventos on display, which had the same chassis and software version as mine. Even though the two TV's seem to be identical, I can't set Option Byte 5 bit 2 to 0 like their TV had. I have to leave it on 1 otherwise the screen splits in two horizontally. Weird.

Anyway, the reason I have been messing with the service menu is because I have some flickering especially on bright white scenes. My computer monitor runs at 85Hz and sits fairly close to the TV. When looking at the two, the flicker of the TV becomes very apparent while the PC monitor is totally solid, even though the TV is supposed to be running at 100Hz. The flicker is more apparent when not looking directly at the TV.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can decrease the flicker? Also, can some others with Loewe Aventos' please compare their service menu settings (default, not modified) to see if they are the same as the ones I have listed below.

What I would like to determine is the *default* factory settings!

I must say that apart from the problem I've described above I am very happy with my TV and think that it's PQ is right up there with the best, after some serious comparison shopping.

Loewe Aventos 32" 3981 ZW
    Chassis Q2500M
    V3.2 ACQ V2.05 TDC V1.03

Byte 0 Byte 1 Byte 2 Byte 3
    ===== ===== ===== =====
    bit 0=1 bit 0=0 bit 0=0 bit 0=0
    bit 1=0 bit 1=0 bit 1=1 bit 1=1
    bit 2=0 bit 2=1 bit 2=1 bit 2=1
    bit 3=1 bit 3=0 bit 3=0 bit 3=0
    bit 4=0 bit 4=0 bit 4=0 bit 4=0
    bit 5=0 bit 5=0 bit 5=1 bit 5=0
    bit 6=0 bit 6=0 bit 6=0 bit 6=1
    bit 7=0 bit 7=1 bit 7=0 bit 7=0

Byte 4 Byte 5 Byte 6 Byte 7 Byte 8
    ===== ===== ===== ===== ====
    bit 0=1 bit 0=0 bit 0=0 bit 0=1 bit 0=0
    bit 1=0 bit 1=1 bit 1=1 bit 1=0 bit 0=1
    bit 2=0 bit 2=0 bit 2=0 bit 2=0 bit 0=0
    bit 3=0 bit 3=1 bit 3=0 bit 3=0 bit 0=0
    bit 4=1 bit 4=0 bit 4=0 bit 4=0 bit 0=0
    bit 5=1 bit 5=0 bit 5=0 bit 5=0 bit 0=0
    bit 6=0 bit 6=1 bit 6=0 bit 6=0 bit 0=0
    bit 7=1 bit 7=0 bit 7=0 bit 7=0 bit 0=0

Cheers,
    G-Man.

2. G-Man

G-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have finally figured out how to fix this. Firstly a note about an incorrect setting above: Byte 1 bit 6 should be 1 not 0.

Some other things I noticed was that it appeared that I had lost all digital picture processing. DMI and DNC had absolutely no effect, whereas before there was a marked difference when switching these between on and off.

Setting byte 5 bit 2 = 0 results in the screen splitting in two. This is what was confusing me, because even clicking 'OK' left the screen split. I finally decided to try disconnecting the power supply after making the change to see if it had any effect. To my surprise, as soon as I closed the service menu after making the change, the screen displayed perfectly ie: it only displays as split while displaying the service menu! Fantastic! I can't tell you how happy I am to be rid of my expensive doorstop and be watching my perfect piture again!

I hope someone is able to benefit from this ;-)

Cheers,
    G-Man.