1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aventos scart recommedation

Discussion in 'TVs' started by leeoh, Apr 7, 2003.

1. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all for those of you with a Loewe I'm using the supplied scart lead with my Aventos on RGB AV2 with my Nokia 221T Freeview digibox and the picture is very good.

question is I'm wondering if the picture could be further improved by purchasing an aftermarket scart lead, and if so which one ?

Any other thoughts ? The Loewe scart does looks pretty substantial and good quality to me so I may be just wasting cash as Freeview probably won't do it justice anyway....:rolleyes:

2. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

In short yes it is worth getting better scart cabes to do the TV justice - and you can get a proper RGB picture from the freeview box. For my Loewe Vitros, I use thor scart cables from my sky box and dvd player - these are excellent and extremely well built AND you can get them for half price from here: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TR26481T.html

Once you have one and set the box to RGB output and the scart input on the TV to RGB, there will be a noticeable difference in quality believe me! As for Freeview - the Loewe's love strong digital signals so you will be doing it justice yeah!

Hope this helps!:cool:

3. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Thor Scart-Scart and an IXOS studio silver Scart-Scart (both fuly wired). The quality between the two is very similar, both offer an improvement over the bog standard scarts.

One thing i'll say about the thor though, the connector design makes it impossible to close the rear cover on the Vitros, which is a bit of a pain.

You can also get the Thor from Maplins, and Empire Direct are selling the 3m studio silver scarts for around £30, which I think is a good price (the QED 1m fully wired costs the same, or £50 from the high street).

Jag

4. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Guys, kinda confirms my own thoughts, think I will go for the Thor.

Cheers !

5. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jagsta - I don't bother having the rear panel on the Vitros on at all cause of the thors. This doesn'tmatter really does it - in terms of dust and the like?

Cheers

6. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I imagine it'll make very little difference at all, depending on the room conditions I suppose. The cover is mainly cosmetic I would guess, it certainly doesn't seal the back enclosure in any case!