1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aventos: poor black and white image

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dvdman, Jan 29, 2005.

1. dvdman

dvdman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Loewe Aventos that is unable to produce satisfactory black and white images. Below, I outline the history of this problem.

· Purchased Loewe Aventos. Yellow and blue areas appear in black and white images (both broadcast and DVD/VHS playback, but particularly noticeable in DVD playback of high contrast images).

· The discolouration occurs in the upper area of the screen with white background.

· The tube was replaced on the assumption that it was faulty. This made no difference. The whole set was replaced, but still there has been no improvement in the picture.

· I have tried different DVD players through the Aventos, removed the aerial, reduced the colour setting - but still the discolouration remains. The DVDs play perfectly though my DVD player on three other televisions (none of them Loewe).

· Worryingly, I have noticed this problem in colour images too where there exists high contrast between the light and dark areas of the screen.

I am currently attempting to address the problem with my retailer and Loewe, but would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this problem and has any suggestions.

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    DVDMan,

Sounds like a purity problem.

Do you have any loudspeakers or large metal objects (eg radiator) nearby?

3. dvdman

dvdman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Monitor Audio System R252 (shielded) speakers were approx. 3 feet distance either side of televeision but have since been removed - no improvement. Could the discolouration be an unfortunate characteristic of the set?

4. dultanur

dultanur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Loewe Aventos 3981ZW (the new version with 2 scarts) and no such problem exists. My set has a small convergence error, but I read that it cant be fixed from the service menu. Its not very noticeable anyway.
    I can hardly beleive that 2 different sets had the same problem. Maybe next time you could get the set on display?