Loewe Aventos Picture Question

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mschakowski, Nov 3, 2004.

1. mschakowski

mschakowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

I have recently purchased an 81cm Loewe Aventos (3981ZW) and I'm not quite sure if everything is alright with this TV:

When I switched the set to an unused AV channel so that the blank blue screen is displayed, I noticed that the centre of the screen is quite bright fading into what I can only describe as darkish patches. During normal viewing these are hardly noticable, but during sweeping camera shots, they do become obvious.
    Additionally, I can't seem to get the contrast right. It's either so bright that I have to squint my eyes, or whites become very murky and grey and colours become washed out and lose definition. (My current settings are: Contrast 35, Brightness 27, Colour 37, Tint 0, Sharpness 2, DNR off, DMI on)

Unfortunetly the dealer does not currently have another Aventos on display for me to make comparisons, so I was hoping that other Aventos users could tell me if their sets have similar characteristics.

Is the problem between TV and Armchair or do I have a lemon which I should take back and demand a replacement?

Thanks,

Marcus

2. mschakowski

mschakowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I have a Loewe Aconda.
    Possibly you should reduce your brightness, contrast, colour and sharpness settings. Mine are less and my picture is fine.
    I'm guessing your darker patches on blue screen mute are caused by magnetic fields, have you any large speakers close to your tv ? Even if you haven't, it's quite normal for a new tv to need de-gaussing properly, something a quick call out from your dealer will resolve. The internal de-gausser isn't always strong enough to clear the problem.

The easiest solution is a service call from your dealer. If you simply replace your tv it may have the same problem or be even worse.
    Have a service call and take things from there. :cool: