1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aventos - Best Price with stand

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ste1010, Apr 17, 2003.

1. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Can anyone advise me.

I have sent two Sonys back to JL for buzzing, I opted for a Philips 9527 which am waiting for it to come into stock.

After reading a large amount of posts on here slagging the Philips off I am having second thoughts.

Reading numerouse threads on this forum the Loewe TV's get some good reports. I have seen the Aventos 3981 ZW Platinum for 999 inc stand from http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/tvandvideodirect_home/

I would prefer to stay with JL or HoF to get the 5 yr warranty but they do not include the stand and the Loewe stands seem very expensive. What and where are the best price matches people have had from JL

Is the set and stand at tvandvideo direct a standard offering or is it a special the store are doing.

I would prefer the stand to be an integral part of the TV which is why I went for a Sony and then Philips in the first place.

Finally any comments about the Aventos, for or against it to help me make my mind up. Or is there anyone out there beleive the Philips is a good set. The Philips sticky post just seems to be full of negative posts by a small handfull of people. One recent +ve post was criticised very badly with accusations that the guy who posted must of worked for Philips and that people hoped his set would fail.

Advice and comments please

2. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Loewe Vitros from tv and video direct and cannot praise them highly enough. One phone call convinced me they were well worth dealing with and you can't beat their prices. You can paythrough 6 months interest free credit as well - ok you only get a two year manufacturer warranty but it is supported by tv and video direct, i.e. they will pay all engineer fees and call-outs! You can extend the warranty to 5 years through domestic and general any time within the first two years as well for around £150 I think. Really like the look of the new Aventos stand as well. Good luck!

P.S. This price will not be a special but a 'standard' one.

3. IvorBigun

IvorBigun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought Loewe TVs used Phillips tubes???????

4. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think they do, but the tube is only one component all be it an important one.

I am sure that if Loewe use a Sony tube the TV wouldn't buzz like a Sony.

Likewise if BMW made a car with a ford engine, I bet the result would be better than a ford car with the same ford engine

5. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can also highly recommend TV and Video Direct - they have fulfilled their promises and exceeded them, every time. They are flexible - phone call 1/2hr before delivery guys arrive if you want to leave work etc. They had to replace my Vitros due to a minor fault with the set, which they did without quibbling despite the call out engineer stating it was repairable. With regards to the tube - they do use phillips tubes, although not exclusively. However I wouldn't get too hung up about that - Loewe make quality TVs, something you can't say about every manufacturer.

6. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jagsta - just out of curiousity - what was the fault you had with the Vitros?

7. Jagsta

Jagsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shadow mask distorted (according to the engineer who took a look). The image in the lower left portion of the screen was very (and i mean very, I almost persuaded myself i was seeing things) slightly darker than the rest of the screen, noticable in solid colour sections and also on the optimode general calibration screen, where the white lines were off white in this area.

8. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks. I kep trying to find little things like this, and sometimes I think I see differences on the screen but it's probably cause I'm being a little obsessive with the picture. Good toknow the customer service is decent though!