Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Loewe Aventos 3781, the next best thing?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Dragonoptical, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Dragonoptical

Dragonoptical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I allready posted a thread about the fact that I'm really not pleased with my Sony KV-32FX68 (I just bought it a week ago), 'cause:
    the picture suffers from pixelisation when watching analog tv (digital tv will only be available here at the end of the year), logo's, tennis courts and so on are really flickering, and...the set is buzzing (which is apparently a common problem with the sony sets, and that's news for me 'cause my 5-years old 28inch widescreen 50hz sony set wasn't buzzing, and the pic quality was great, I allready regret the fact that I didn't kept my old set a few years more untill I got a good plasma screen...)!!

So I'm going to give it back and try to take a Loewe Aventos 3781 in the place (hopefully the shop where I got my Sony is selling Loewe sets...) 'cause most of the ppl apparently are satisfied with the set.
    Could you guys tell me if the Loewe Aventos 3781 offers:
    - a picture quality without pixelization/grainy effect
    - a picture without flickering
    - that's about it, if the pic is good and the set doesn't buzz I'm glad! (it's sad that when you'r giving 1000€ for a set you can't ask for more than just a good pic quality and no flickering)
    Thx!

2. harmunt

harmunt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know that I am in the minority when I say that the Aventos is a disappointing set. I had three within a month that all exhibited the following -

1. Poor picture processing. Mainly 'jaggies'. No smearing though.
    2. Slight buzzing and a strange de-gaussing noise now & again.
    3. 'Dirty screen' effect. The main reason for eventually giving up on Loewe.

Up to you really.
    Personally I would give it a miss.

3. Dragonoptical

Dragonoptical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn, it seems allmost every 32" 100hz tv-sets nowadays have flaws...
    I say it again: if a week ago I knew what I know now I would never had sold my 5-year old Sony 28" 50hz widescreen set (it was a great set)...
    I guess I'll exchange my Sony KV-32FX68 for a Philips 32PW6006 (I'm really disapointed of 100hz sets and I'm looking for a 32" set), but apparently some ppl reported flaws on that set too (black bars, RGB probs, no S-VIDEO IN), or else it will be a Sony KV-28CL10 (if I buy that set it will be going from a 28" 50hz set to another 28" 50hz set...), its' a shame they don't sell the Sony KV-32LS36 in Belgium 'cause I really would like to have a 32" set (without the flaws of the 100hz sets)...

4. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    When harmunt says he is in the minority, he means he is in the minority. The majority of Loewe comments (Aventos included) on this forum are extremely positive. Myself and many others have chosen Loewe after demoing sets from all the other manufacturers. Ultimately you must do some research on here and then go and see one for yourself.

5. Rojo Habe

Rojo Habe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dragon

I've now rejected every other manufacturer because so far the Loewe is the only one I've seen in the shops with no noticeable artefacts. True, I've not taken the plunge yet, but tomorrow I'm going back to Audio T for a direct comparison between the Articos and the Aventos to see if I can find out why the former is twice the price of the latter. The most probable outcome is that I'll be buying an Aventos tomorrow, unless it turns out to be hugely inferior to the Articos.

The only thing I'll say about the picture, at least when viewed in this hi-fi shop, is that the colours seemed a tad muted. This is of course in broad daylight, and I didn't have a great deal of time to play with it. Restoring the factory settings seemed to improve it slightly, so it's probably just the way they had it set up in the shop. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it in a demo room, with lighting more akin with a living room environment.

Anyway, enough waffle. What I'm trying to say is that I'm as dissatisfied as you with the picture quality of pretty much all the televisions I've looked at (including the Panny PD30 and Tosh PF2), and Loewe has by far the most natural (least processed-looking) picture I've seen.

6. Rojo Habe

Rojo Habe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Here's what I found yesterday with my Leowe comparison at Audio T:

The Articos was clearly a superior set, but at £2300 I didn't think it was worth the extra grand, so I concentrated on the 32" Aventos.

As I mentioned in my last post, colours and contrast seemed a little lacklustre, but after 5 minutes with the THX Optimiser, and getting the dealer to turn off the spotlights that were aimed right at the set, I have to say I was stunned at the picture quality. I bought one. They should have it in by Thursday or Friday. £1240 including stand and a three-year warranty.

One thing I did notice: NTSC pictures flickered horribly and it took us a while to figure out why. It turned out to be the TV's built-in deinterlacer; once we disabled it, problem solved :smashin:. PAL images were fine in both progressive and interlaced modes.

Another thing I liked: it's about the only TV I've ever seen that will automatically recognise an S-video feed and display it in colour. It can also automatically recognise component.

7. Dragonoptical

Dragonoptical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for your reaction Rojo Habe!
    Unfortunately it's been 2 months now since I'v baught the Sony KV-32FX68 (so there's no way back for me), besides the buzzing (The shop where I got the tv from told me their techniqual service could fix that problem by changing the F-Board, I'm going to call them so they can pick up my set this week and make the changes, hopefully the problem will be solved after that...) and the pixelisation when watching analog tv-programs (only when there's travelling) the set is not bad, but my guess is that the 32" Loewe Aventos is a better set since it hasn't the "buzzing" problem and no (or less) pixelisation. Well the only thing I can say is that I'm probably going to keep the set for a year or two, untill I'v got enough money to buy a plasma screen, hopefully I won't experienced the same problems I had the past 2 months again...
    Peace!

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Bang & Olufsen Beovision 3???? It is most definatley worth a look guys! very very good PQ and not too expensive.

9. Dragonoptical

Dragonoptical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not too expensive? £2,500 (€3500) is a little bit too expensive for me :)

10. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    whats a thx optimiser?
    what does it do?

i dont where you are fella,but NO ONE has to pay two grand+ for an articos.

11. Rojo Habe

Rojo Habe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The THX Optimiser is buried away in the menus of many DVDs (Star Wars episode 2 in this case), and contains test screens for setting up your picture and sound. On the Star Wars disc it's to be found under Languages for some reason.

I didn't ask in the shop how much the Articos was, but there was a Loewe price list on top of it, detailing the entire range. The Articos was quoted as £2300. This was a hifi shop, after all ;). After reading your post I had a quick look at the usual online deals and it's averaging around the 2k mark, which is still quite a lot for a 32" set.

12. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    you can have the latest hd articos in plat' for £1800 del.
    from bolton.

13. Rojo Habe

Rojo Habe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What about High Gloss Basalt, including stand?

Doesn't matter now anyway; my Aventos is on its way, and it's still a good enough telly at £400 less all-in.