Loewe Aventos - 2 Questions!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by prycop, Dec 18, 2003.

1. prycop

prycop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly - is there an easy way to disconnect or disable the big - power -on button on the front of the Aventos - I have a very inquisitive 2 yr old that keeps switching the telly off! - Why don't manufactures realise that this can be a problem and put the stanby switch out of sight?

Secondly - my Aventos seems to have a yellowish tint on the bottom right of the screen - this can be seen when SKY news has a breaking story with a white background and on the SKY programme menu bar. I can't see it on terrestial TV but maybe it's not so easy to get a white backroung on the screen for long enough?
    Is this a problem with SKY (i have decent THOR Scarts) or that the new Aventos need degaussing?

Thanks for any help!

2. prycop

prycop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

3. ronster

ronster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No idea about the screen problem, but to disable the on/off button on the set you'll probably have to dismantle the TV's casing and pull out the (probably spade) connector from the back of the switch.

4. prycop

prycop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply - I thought that might be the case - just wondered if there was an software tweak that disablrd the switch!