1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loewe articos

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tmcevoy, Aug 30, 2003.

1. tmcevoy

tmcevoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Loewe Articos and a Denon 2900 DVD player and am wondering what is the best cable to connect them
    At present I am using QED scarts but have found an old thread that suggests the QED AV2930 (component to scart)
    I have SKY+ on a normal QED scart as well but I understand the Articos only has one component input (av3)
    Any suggestions would be appreciated to get the best picture possible
    Thanks
    Tony

2. tmcevoy

tmcevoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I mean is should I be using a box like Keane do or should I use a special QED lead

3. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If your Denon 2900 has RCA Component ouputs, then you would benefit from using teh QED AV29 cable and setting your Articos AV3 to YUV (Sync on Y). Certainly it is my experience that Component gives the edge over RGB on Loewe televisions but the difference is slight. Others have said they prefer RGB.

The QED cable doesn't do any RGB to Component conversion though so if your Denon only has RGB Scart output then use this instead. It would not be worth going through an RGB to Component transcoder from the likes of Keene.

4. tmcevoy

tmcevoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Denon does have component outputs so I'll try that cable then , it was just sevenoaks suggested component out of denon to switching box then box to articos via scart

5. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There is no logic in that suggestion :confused:. Your Denon outputs Component, the Loewe accepts Component - no conversion needs to take place. Use the QED AV29 cable available from hificables.com.

For Sky+, I would just use RGB Scart to AV2 on the Articos.

6. tmcevoy

tmcevoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much I'll order one of those